Jericho VII was a lightly populated human colony world located in the Lambda Serpentis system, orbited by four silver-colored moons. Governed by the Unified Earth Government, the world contained a biosphere suitable for human life, characterized by vast green oceans and rolling plains of palm grass.
During the Insurrection, the Freedom League fought for independence against the Unified Earth Government and its military. In 2525, Spartan-IIs were dispatched to Jericho VII to suppress the insurrectionists, as was the 10th Shock Troops Battalion of the Orbital Drop Shock Troopers, who battled rebels on Jericho VII for over 131 days. The Spartans effectively helped to quell rebellion on the planet, cutting through the leadership of the Freedom League.
During the Human-Covenant War, Jericho VII was found and attacked by the Covenant as early as 2532. The planet was glassed via orbital bombardment in the final stages of the Battle of Jericho VII in 2535. At the end of the battle, John-117 asked Captain de Blanc for permission to watch Jericho VII being glassed. A large number of orphans from this planet enlisted for the SPARTAN-III program, among them Owen-B096. Five years following the planet's fall, UNSC forces returned to the planet in Operation: GUARDIAN LANCE and recovered several Covenant artifacts that would later be studied in SWORD Base on Reach.
- Bahito Noti, a rebel leader of the Freedom League.
- Jameson Locke, an agent of the Office of Naval Intelligence and Spartan-IV.
Jericho VII, as visualised in the Halo Interactive Strategy Game.
List of appearances
- Halo: The Fall of Reach (First appearance)
- Halo: The Flood (Mentioned only)
- i love bees (Mentioned only)
- Halo: Ghosts of Onyx (Mentioned only)
- Halo: Reach (Mentioned only)
- Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn
- Halo 5: Guardians
- Limited Edition (Mentioned only)
- Halo: Silent Storm (Mentioned only)
- Halo: Battle Born (Mentioned only)
- Halo: The Fall of Reach, p. 8 (2001); p. 22 (2010)
- Halo: Silent Storm, Chapter 6
- Halo: The Fall of Reach, p. 103 (2001); p. 125 (2010)
- Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn, Part 1
- Halo: Silent Storm, Chapter 16
- Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, p. 70
- Halo: Battle Born, Chapter 17
- Halo: Reach, multiplayer map, "Sword Base"
- Halo Waypoint: Jameson Locke