Sterile field generator
A sterile field generator (SFG) is a piece of human medical technology. While standard equipment in medical facilities and ships' infirmaries, sterile field generators are also easily portable and able to be carried in a field medical kit by one person. It is also fairly easy to deploy in active combat. A sterile field generator emits an orange glow when in use.
- The Regenerator from Halo 3, as well as the regeneration ability in Halo Wars, may use a similar or related technology, although the glow emitted is green rather than the orange glow emitted by sterile field generators.
- Because of its portability, the sterile field generator may use a form of radiation that is not to detrimental to humans in order to irradiate the nearby area and eliminate micro-organisms and bacteria that could cause infection.
List of appearances
- ^ a b Halo: Fractures, "Into the Fire", page 255 (Google Play edition)
- ^ Halo: First Strike, page 140
- ^ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, page 101
- ^ Sterilization (microbiology) at Wikipedia