From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
FJ/PARA, also designated as FJ or nicknamed "para", is a category of supplemental armor for the MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor.
Compatible with the MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor, from Mark V to the [GEN2] platform, the FJ/PARA shoulder pauldron were designed specifically for airborne units, with the purpose of maximum protection with minimum weight, while the knee guards function as lightweight and shock-absorbing armor.
In 2552, Catherine-B320 of NOBLE Team wore the FJ/PARA shoulder pauldrons. Four other members of NOBLE Team wore the FJ/PARA knee guards: Carter-A259, Jun-A266, Emile-A239, and Thom-A293. After the Human-Covenant War, the knee guards of NOBLE-, VIGILANT-, and WRATH-classes Mjolnir featured physical architecture similar to FJ/PARA knee guards due to the armors being recreations of the customized armors which belonged to the Spartan-IIIs from NOBLE Team. Similarly, the shoulder pauldron of INTRUDER-class Mjolnir also resembled the FJ/PARA shoulder pauldrons of Kat-B320's armor.
The FJ/PARA armor types are unlockable in the game's purchase system via the use of cR. In Halo: The Master Chief Collection, the FJ/PARA armor types are attainable in the Season 1: Noble progression system. The knee guards are unique as the only set of knee guards that are colored according to the player's secondary armor color.
|Designed specifically for airborne units; maximum protection, minimum weight.||Recruit, 250 cR||Series 1, Tier 11 ( 1)|
FJ/PARA knee guards
|Recruit, 10,000 cR||Series 1, Tier 33 ( 1)|
Halo 5: Guardians
The FJ/PARA shoulder pauldrons are built into the INTRUDER-class Mjolnir. The FJ/PARA knee guards are built into the NOBLE-, VIGILANT-, and WRATH-classes Mjolnir variants. All these variants are unlockable in armor customization through the Requisition system.
The FJ/PARA shoulder pads and knee guards return on the Mark V[B] armor core in Halo Infinite, designated as the SAP/FJ shoulder pads and UA/Type FJ knee guard, respectively. During Season 01: Heroes of Reach, the SAP/FJ shoulder pads was designated as the SAP/MKVB.
|Materials Group||Design for the airborne units, the "para" armor attachments minimize weight without sacrificing protection.[Note 2]||Common||Unlocked by default|
|Cascade Stronghold Technologies||Lightweight, shock-absorbing knee armor.||Epic||Season 01: Heroes of Reach Battle Pass level 52 (Premium)|
- "FJ" is likely an abbreviation of Fallschirmjäger, the German word for "paratrooper".
- During the Halo: Reach Multiplayer Beta, the final model for the FJ/PARA shoulder pauldron was designated as the Mark V[B]. The FJ/PARA shoulders from the Beta then became the UA/Multi-threat shoulder pauldrons in the final game.
- It is possible that the FJ/PARA knee guards were intended to be the default in-game knee guards instead of a variant. Prior to the game's finalization, what would become the FJ/PARA knee guards were present on SPARTAN-B312, representing the character wearing basic armor prior to the player's customization. Even after being given fully default armor, most videos and images showed the SPARTAN wearing FJ/PARA kneeguards with otherwise fully default armor; the Xbox Avatar of Noble Six also still has FJ/PARA knee guards.
- Catherine-B320's FJ/PARA shoulder pauldron pictured in a cover art image for Game Informer magazine started a recurring joke among the fan community as the shoulder can be seen resembling a face. This "character" was jokingly dubbed "Oonsk" as a humorous pronunciation of the "UNSC" labeled to the shoulder. The character was later acknowledged by Bungie in their weekly updates, and was included in a painting created by Frank O'Connor. The painting was later auctioned off by IGN as a part of a charity event.
List of appearances
- Remember Reach
- Deliver Hope (First appearance)
- Halo: Reach
- Halo Infinite
- ^ Halo Infinite, Armor Hall: SAP/FJ - Shoulder Description "Design for the airborne units, the "para" armor attachments minimize weight without sacrificing protection."
- ^ a b Halo: Reach, Armory: FJ/PARA - Shoulders and Knee Guards Descriptions "Designed specifically for airborne units; maximum protection, minimum weight."
- ^ Halo Infinite, Armor Hall: UA/Type FJ - Knee Guard Description "Lightweight, shock-absorbing knee armor."
- ^ Halo: Reach
- ^ Deliver Hope
- ^ a b Halo 5: Guardians, Armor customization: NOBLE - In-game model
- ^ a b Halo 5: Guardians, Armor customization: VIGILANT - In-game model
- ^ a b Armor customization (Halo 5: Guardians), Armor customization: WRATH - In-game model
- ^ Halo Waypoint, Noble Intentions (Retrieved on Jul 31, 2021) [archive]
- ^ a b Halo 5: Guardians, Armor customization: INTRUDER - In-game model
- ^ Xbox, Halo Infinite (Retrieved on Jun 14, 2021) [archive]
- ^ halo.bungie.org, The Birth of an Icon (Retrieved on Jun 1, 2020) [archive]
- ^ Bungie.net, Bungie Weekly Update: 01/22/10 (Retrieved on Oct 13, 2021) [archive]
- ^ halo.bungie.org, Re: kjfsklg; (Retrieved on Jun 1, 2020) [archive]
- ^ halo.bungie.org, IGN for Haiti - Oonsk Sells Big (Retrieved on Jun 1, 2020) [archive]