Lotus anti-tank mine
The Lotus anti-tank mine (or Lotus for short) is a type of UNSC area-denial ordnance that can be described as "flowerlike". It is a disk a quarter meter across with spikes along the rim to stabilize it when buried.
The shaped charge may be triggered in a number of ways. A proximity sensor makes the Lotus effective against lower hovering vehicles such as those used by the Covenant. The sensor may also be enabled remotely and its sensitivity altered for use against infantry. The Lotus Anti-Tank Mine also has a countdown mode.The charge itself is powerful enough to penetrate the armor of a Scorpion Tank.
Halo Wars 2
The Lotus mines appear in Halo Wars 2 as a leader ability for UNSC leaders and as a constructible fortification in Terminus Firefight.
- This section needs expansion. You can help Halopedia by .
The Lotus minefield can be constructed on the map The Last Bastion for 100 supply and 50 power. The proximity-detonated mines explode when enemy units get near them.
List of appearances
- Halo: The Fall of Reach (First appearance)
- Halo: First Strike
- Halo: Ghosts of Onyx
- Halo: Fall of Reach
- Halo Wars 2
- ^ a b Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, "chapter 39"
- ^ a b Halo: First Strike, page 314
- ^ a b c Halo: The Fall of Reach, "chapter 27"
- ^ a b Halo: The Fall of Reach, "chapter 35"
- ^ Halo: The Fall of Reach, "prologue"