From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
- "The Barracks trains the bulk of the UNSC infantry units. Infantry technology upgrades can also be found here."
- — In-game description
The UNSC Barracks is a military building produced off of a Firebase. It is the building where the UNSC recruits and stations infantry. The Covenant equivalent to the Barracks is the Hall, while the Banished equivalent is the Raid Camp.
This is no UNSC academy. The Barracks is a rustic shack compared to the comforts of a real training center, but then again a Marine in the field isn’t generally thinking about creature comforts. They make you soft. The Barracks simply houses the raw recruits and equipment needed to field squads of UNSC Marines. A quick briefing, visit to the armory, and you’ve got boots on the ground. Infantry shipped down from the Spirit of Fire muster in the firebase's Barracks. The Barracks allows the requisition of Hellbringers, Cyclops, Snipers, Marines and ODSTs and unlocks their upgrade options. Army and Marine Corps troopers are detached ("chopped") from their parent unit aboard the Spirit of Fire and deployed to reinforce key firebases on the Ark's surface. replacing injured personnel who are then medevac‘d out of the combat zone. While they await assignment to a fireteam, the "new blood" acclimate and review tactical situation reports in the barracks, which doubles as a recreation area and mess hall during lulls in battle.
Units produced and available upgrades
- Spartans: 300 resources and requires a tech level of 1. Only 3 can be deployed but they don't take up population.
- Chaingun: 300 resources and requires a tech level of 2. Equips an AIE-486H Heavy Machine Gun for increased damage.
- Neural Implant: 600 resources and requires a tech level of 3. Allows Spartans to jack enemy vehicles quicker.
- Spartan Laser: 1,000 resources and requires a tech level of 4. Gives the Spartans more range to theirs attacks and lets them deal out more damage.
- Marines: 100 resources and tech level of 0. Takes up one population.
- New Blood: 200 resources and requires a tech level of 1. Adds another Marine making it 5 marines in the squad.
- RPG Ability: 400 resources and requires a tech level of 2. Special ability is improved from grenades to an M41 rocket launcher. Marines can now attack from a longer range.
- Medic: 700 resources and requires a tech level of 3. Heals the squad after combat.
- Orbital Drop Shock Troopers (only for Captain Cutter): 1,800 resources and requires a tech level of 3. Can be dropped anywhere on the map.
- Hellbringers: 100 resources and tech level of 0. Takes up one population.
- Flash Bang: 200 resources and requires a tech level of 1. Equips the M301 40mm Grenade Launcher that stuns enemy infantry as a special attack.
- Napalm Adherent: 400 resources and requires a tech level of 2. Adds burning sticky napalm to an attack. Burns enemies for several seconds after the initial attack.
- Oxide Tank: 700 resources and requires a tech level of 3. Increases damage to all organic units.
Halo Wars 2
- Hellbringers / Cryo Troopers
- Dispersion Nozzles / Heavy Cryosprayer
- Active Camo
- Gauss Weaponry
- Shock rounds
- Barracks Upgrades
- RPG Trooper: Equip Marines with M41 Rocket Launcher.
- Combat Technician: Allows Marines to Heal wounded units
- Infantry Upgrade lv 1: Increase Infantry Health and Damage by 15%.
- Infantry Upgrade lv 2: Increase Infantry Health and Damage by 30%.
- Infantry Upgrade lv 3: Increase Infantry Health and Damage by 45%.
Concept art for the Barracks in Halo Wars 2.
List of appearances