The Covenant barracks is home to the well-trained and numerous infantry of the Covenant Forces. Unggoy lances, Kig-Yar and Mgalekgolo are trained here. The different races are housed separately according to their status in the caste system. Unggoy, the lowest of the caste system performs many of the more demeaning tasks. The Kig-Yar tend to only socialize amongst themselves, while the Mgalekgolo communicate with each other via their collective consciousness.
The hall is built onto the citadel, and is where Covenant infantry are trained and upgraded, such as Unggoy lances (four Unggoy led by a single Sangheili or a single Jiralhanae, depending on the leader chosen), Mgalekgolo pairs and Kig-Yar Sniper pairs. This is also where most Covenant infantry upgrades are researched, such as increased troop power and weapons. The Hall forms the core of the Covenant ground-attack forces, especially early in the game, when vehicles are sparse.
This is also where unit upgrades can be found.
Units produced and available upgrades
These are some units upgrades that can be found in the Hall.
- Grunt - Main Covenant infantry unit. Slow and short-ranged. Starts with Plasma Pistol. 100 resources and a tech level of 0. Takes up one population.
- Starting special attack - Plasma Grenade
- 1. Peons - Adds one Grunt to each squad. 200 resources and a tech level of 1.
- 2. Needler - Upgrades Plasma Pistol to Needler for more damage. 400 resources and a tech level of 2.
- 3. Deacon - Adds a Grunt Deacon to squad to boost combat values through spirituality. 700 resources and a tech level of 3.
- Jackal - Counter-infantry unit. Starts with medium-range carbine. 100 resources and a tech level of 0. Takes up one population.
- 1. Defense Gauntlet - Adds energy shield to deflect incoming projectiles (collapses after taking too much damage). 200 resources and a tech level of 1.
- 2. Beam Rifle - Upgrades weapon to particle-beam rifle for increased damage. 400 resources and a tech level of 2.
- 3. Supreme Gauntlet - Shield no longer collapses when taking damage. 700 resources and a tech level of 3.
- Hunter - Counter-vehicle unit. Uses Fuel Rod Cannon. 250 resources and a tech level of 1. Takes up two population.
- 1. Bonded Shield - Adds the iconic Hunter Shield, which deflects projectiles. 200 resources and a tech level of 1.
- 2. Spirit Bond - Increases damage output while Hunters in a bonded pair are alive. 400 resources and a tech level of 2.
- 3. Assault Beam - Fuel Rod Cannon upgrades to Fuel Rod Beam for mega damage. 700 resources and a tech level of 3.
List of appearances
- Halo Wars (First appearance)