M400 missile launcher
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
|M400 missile launcher|
Two M400s mounted on either side of the AV-49H Wasp's cockpit.
The M400 missile launcher is a 50mm high-explosive air-to-ground missile launcher used by the United Nations Space Command. The launcher is the secondary weapon system aboard the AV-49H Wasp, supplementing the aircraft's primary 7.62x51mm M199 heavy machine guns. They are mounted on either side of the craft's cockpit with limited vertical rotation, allowing the pilot to aim them up or down - though lacking any kind of horizontal rotation.
The M400's standard munitions are 50mm unguided missiles, though specialised variants of the Wasp in Office of Naval Intelligence instead employ all-environment homing missiles. The AV-49H Wasp, an experimental testbed developed by Hannibal Weapon Systems, replaces the missiles entirely with experimental ion field bomb launchers. These weapons appear to use the same external housing as the M400, suggesting they are derived from this system.
List of appearances
- Halo 5: Guardians
- Warzone Firefight (First appearance)
- Halo: Official Spartan Field Manual
- Halo Infinite
- Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition), page 156
- Halo: Official Spartan Field Manual, page 204
- Halo 5: Guardians, REQ Card: ONI Wasp Description "The size and mobility of the Wasp makes it a favorite of ONI Security teams in high-threat environments. ONI Wasps are loaded with all-environment homing missiles and HEDP machine gun rounds. Advanced Wasp with heavy armor and upgraded weapons."
- Halo 5: Guardians, REQ Card: Hannibal Wasp Description "Misriah Armory and Hannibal Weapon Systems collaborate on initiatives to evolve their existing offerings of weapon systems and vehicles. Advanced Wasp with heavy armor, gauss repeaters, and experimental ion field bomb launchers."