From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Tube/silo fired; Computer guided
The Ares missile is a series of ship-to-ship missiles carried by Colonial Military Authority warships, intended for engaging enemy ships in space combat. The transfer of CMA military assets into the control of the United Nations Space Command would see it used by the UNSC, though seemingly eventually retired.
Unlike its successors, whose pods carry thirty or more missiles, an Ares silo carried only a single missile. Warships historically carried far fewer Ares missiles than Archer missiles. Ares missiles were typically mounted on the ships of the CMA Navy while the UNSC Navy preferred Archers.
M44 Ares missiles were employed during the Insurrection conflict during the 25th century. The Scholte-class missile corvette was designed by the CMA to carry two such missile pods, alongside a complement of M58 Archer missiles.
- The missile was named after the Greek god of war.
List of appearances
- Halo: Evolutions
- The Impossible Life and the Possible Death of Preston J. Cole (First appearance)
- Halo: Evolutions - The Impossible Life and the Possible Death of Preston J. Cole, section 4
- Halo Waypoint, Canon Fodder - Foundations (Retrieved on Jan 12, 2022) [archive]
- Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition), page 124
- Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition), page 125