Anvil-II air-to-surface missile
The Anvil-II is a type of air-to-surface missile used by the United Nations Space Command. They are normally mounted via rocket pods on Pelican dropships for clearing ground targets and drop zones of enemies.
ANVIL-II missiles are typically mounted in rocket pods underneath the wing of D77-TC Pelican and D77H-TCI Pelican dropships. While typically employed for air-ground purposes and air strikes, they are capable of being employed against stationary airborne targets. ANVIL-IIs can also be mounted on top of the Pelican, such as the G77S Pelican gunship variant.
The ANVIL-II missile was the weapon used by the Spartan-IIs when they attacked the Covenant ship Unrelenting near Chi Ceti IV. Spartans 087, 117, and 034 infiltrated and set off three ANVIL-II warheads around the ship's core, destroying it.
This missile was utilised throughout the Human-Covenant War. During the Battle for Earth, Pelicans employed the missile to conduct airstrikes against the Type-47A Scarab wreaking havoc throughout the city of New Mombasa, and later on against Type-52 Phantom targets during the jungles of Africa. They would later be emplyed throughout the Battle of Installation 05, with Pelicans co-opted by the Flood utilising Anvil missiles to striek against Sentinel targets throughout the Quarantine zone.
During the Second Ark Conflict in 2559, UNSC Logistics AI Isabel installed additional ANVIL-II missile pods as a part of G77S Pelican Gunship for additional air support. These pods were mounted on the upper part of the Pelican's chassis.
- The player can be killed by Anvil-II missiles at the end of Sierra 117 if the player starts killing the surviving Marines and Arbiter when a Pelican is present.
- For development purposes, the missiles fired by the Pelican at the end of Sierra 117 actually employ the model and textures of HEAT missiles used by the Rocket Launcher.
List of appearances
- Halo: The Fall of Reach (First appearance)
- Halo 2
- Halo 3
- Halo: Mortal Dictata (Mentioned only)
- Halo: Last Light
- Halo Wars 2
- Halo: Bad Blood
- Halo: Collateral Damage
- Halo: Silent Storm (Mentioned only)