Direct critical operations
- "The Captains themselves exhibit individual peculiarities and attitudes, though none could be said to be personable."
- — Jeff Easterling on Mgalekgolo Captains.
Mgalekgolo Captains are Mgalekgolo "officers" deployed by "Colony" to locations where some element of its plan or Banished operations requires direct intervention and monitoring. Captains make sure Banished Lekgolo colonies and gestalts operate at full efficiency during battles. Each Captain is linked directly to "Colony" and its distant bond-brother over a specially modified battlenet relay, often going into battle without its bond-brother. Unlike other Mgalekgolo, Captains are equipped with energy shielding.
Halo Wars 2
- Info: Hero, Slow, heavily armored, Attacks steal health to increase its own
- Tier: 1
- Cost: Population 0, Supplies 300, Power 275
- Hunter Captain upgrade: Taunt
- Info: New ability, forces nearby enemies to only attack the hero
- Tier: 1
- Cost: Supplies 0, Power 300
- Hunter Captain upgrade: Siphon overcharge
- Info: Weapon upgrade, Adds an area attack to siphon ability and increases its range and damage
- Tier: 2
- Cost: Supplies 0, Power 450
- Hunter Captain upgrade: Improved Taunt
- Info: Unit Upgrade, Increases area of Taunt, enemies affected inflict less damage
- Tier: 3
- Cost: Supplies 0, Power 600
The Mgalekgolo Captain is exclusive to "Colony" and can be built at the War Council. Like other hero units the player is limited to one on the field at a time. They have immense durability at the cost of mobility, making them one of the slowest units in the game. Captains feature the Siphon ability to steal health from enemies and are able to agro enemies away from allied units. In Blitz Hunter Captains cost 260 energy and feature the Shock ability to decrease enemy armor, in addition to its normal energy shielding, passive Siphon ability, and Taunt ability.
The Captain is a unit available for play in the Blitz and Blitz Firefight modes of Halo Wars 2. It is available to players playing as Colony. The Hunter Captain Blitz card has the following attributes;
- Rarity: Legendary
- Cost to deploy: 260
- Shock: This unit intimidates nearby enemy troops, significantly reducing their armor.
- Siphon: This unit can take enemies' health and use it for their own.
- Shield: This unit has energy shield protection that absorbs damage and regenerates when out of combat.
The Hunter Captain is classed as a hero infantry, and performs well against infantry, vehicles and aircraft.
A Mgalekgolo Captain leading a Banished army in Halo Wars 2.
A Mgalekgolo Captain being guarded by two Skitterers.
A Hunter Captain and two Skitterers fighting Aggressor Sentinels.
List of appearances
- Halo Wars 2 (First appearance)