Participants in the Fall of Reach
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
This article is part of a series on the
Fall of Reach
To check out information for other Human-Covenant War battles, see here!
The participants in the Fall of Reach were numerous. Both the Covenant and the UNSC deployed large numbers of naval and groundside forces, as well as dozens of different types of vehicles and equipment.
- Main article: Covenant starship
The Covenant deployed numerous naval forces. Two fleets were sent to the planet, pre-August 30 with numerous ships. By August 30th, 2552, the Covenant sent 315 ships to attack Reach.
Specific type of ships present were Sinaris-pattern heavy destroyers and Ket-pattern battlecruisers with support from a "sniper" ship. There were also multiple battleships, multiple light cruisers, and multiple Ester-pattern armored frigates.
|Fleet of Valiant Prudence||Sh'wada-pattern supercarrier||Long Night of Solace||Destroyed|
|Ceudar-pattern heavy corvette||Ardent Prayer||Destroyed|
|Fleet of Particular Justice||CAS-class assault carrier||Seeker of Truth||Survived|
|Ket-pattern battlecruiser||Truth & Reconciliation||Survived|
|Ester-pattern armored frigate||Penance||Unknown|
|Unknown||Unknown||Unnamed Covenant Cruiser||Destroyed|
|Unknown||Valorous Salvation||Fled to Beta Gabriel mid-battle|
|Ministry of Fervent Intercession||Supreme Commander||Rho 'Barutamee||KIA|
|Ministry of Resolution||Shipmaster||Lat 'Ravamee||Survived|
|"Covenant Navy"||Supreme Commander||Thel 'Vadamee||Survived|
|Unknown||Jiralhanae Chieftain||Parabum||Fled to Beta Gabriel mid-battle|
- Ministry of Fervent Intercession
The Covenant deployed a number vehicles in their campaign against Reach. They deployed the Is'belox-pattern Banshee, the Dextro Xur-pattern Spirit, the Ru'swum-pattern Phantom, R'shwupa-pattern Phantom, the Elsedda-pattern Banshee, and the Morsam-pattern Seraph.
Ground side, the Covenant deployed a number of vehicles including the Karo'etba-pattern Ghost, the Zurdo-pattern Wraith, the Rizvum-pattern Revenant, and the Deutoros-pattern Scarab.
The Covenant made use of large Cheru-pattern Tyrant AA guns during the battle.
The Covenant made use of the Almar-pattern repository. As part of their cover system, they also used the Pavise of the Worthy and Guardian Triptychs. For communications, Spike of Obeisances were placed down.
In early renders and footage for Halo: Reach, the Falcon was noted as being part of VMX-22.
A number of named soldiers are also seen as having participated in the battle through the randomed Fireteam mechanic in Halo: Reach.
An Office of Naval Intelligence plaque at ONI Alpha Site, highlighting a number of ONI agents that died during the Fall of Reach.
- ^ Following the Raid on Reach, the survivors of Battle of Installation 04 and Fall of Reach found Gettysburg to mostly be intact, minus its crew. It was soon recovered and merged with the captured Ascendant Justice.
- ^ a b c d e f g h i Halo: Reach, campaign level, Tip of the Spear
- ^ a b c d e Halo: Reach, campaign level, Long Night of Solace
- ^ Halo: Reach, Courtyard radio conversation
- ^ a b c d Halo: Fall of Reach - Covenant
- ^ Halo Waypoint: Canon Fodder - Bulkhead Banter
- ^ Halo Encyclopedia (2009 edition), p. 251 (2010 edition); p. 261 (2011 edition)
- ^ Halo Waypoint: Michael Stanforth
- ^ Halo Mythos: A Guide to the Story of Halo, p. 92-93 (Escape from Reach)
- ^ Bungie.net - CAA Factbook 1
- ^ Halo Waypoint: Canon Fodder 4/8/2016: Issue 70 Looking Glassed
- ^ a b c d e f g Halo: Reach, campaign level, ONI: Sword Base
- ^ Halo: Reach, campaign level, New Alexandria
- ^ Halo: Reach, campaign level, Exodus
- ^ Halo: The Fall of Reach, p. 343 (Definitive Edition): "I am presently tracking three hundred fourteen Covenant ships." Taking into account the carrier that the Pillar of Autumn had destroyed only moments before results in a count of 315 ships.
- ^ Halo: First Strike, p. 32
- ^ Halo: First Strike, Chapter 18, p. 167 -- "Two exceptions to this patrol pattern were a pair of light cruisers hovering over Menachite Mountain"
- ^ Halo Encyclopedia (2009 edition), p. 274
- ^ Halo: Reach, campaign level, Winter Contingency
- ^ Halo: Reach, campaign level, The Pillar of Autumn
- ^ Halo: Reach, campaign level, Nightfall
- ^ Bungie.net - Halo: Reach Concept Art "Falcon 02"
- ^ Halo: Reach, VGA Awards Trailer