Covenant comm node
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Covenant comm nodes, also known as Covenant comm relays or Spikes of Obeisance,[Note 1] are mobile communication devices employed by the Covenant for strategic ground command and control.
The comm nodes come in several different variants, with the most common Spikes of Obeisance depicted as tall devices, consisting of a stalk protruding from a round central structure, supported by a trio of 'legs'. They are primarily magenta, black, and silver in color. Some comm nodes feature a tall antenna, but with a single large base structure, while others are similar in appearance to the Covenant supply case, bearing three equilateral antennas and a keyboard extending from within the base.
Comm nodes are primarily deployed on ground in areas requiring tactical communication between separate Covenant operators. They were used by the Covenant as a means to interlink their battle network and functioned as a combination of proselytism, network up-links, communication hubs, and sensor relay nodes.
Covenant comm relays were used extensively during the Covenant's vicious assault on the planet Reach, and the follow-up Battle of Installation 04 as well as during the Battle for Earth the Battle of Installation 05, and the Battle of Installation 00.
- The comm will remain active if one of its legs has been broken off, and can still be picked up in Forge. To completely destroy it, one must break the tower from the base.
- On the main body of the node, something resembling the Marathon symbol can clearly be seen.
A closeup of the Halo: Combat Evolved comm node, bearing more resemblance to the Covenant supply case.
The Covenant comm node as depicted in Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary.
A comm node in Halo 2.
A comm node in Halo 3.
A comm node in Halo: Reach
A Comm Node on the mission Tip of the Spear.
Concept art of a Covenant communication antenna in Halo: Reach.
List of appearances
- Halo: Combat Evolved (First appearance)
- Halo 2
- Halo 3
- Halo: Reach
- Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
- Halo: Spartan Assault
- Halo 2: Anniversary
- Halo: Spartan Strike
- Halo: Ground Command
- Halo: Oblivion (Mentioned only)
- Halo 3, gamemode Forge
- Spartan Games, Make your Halo table look awesome! (Retrieved on Nov 21, 2016) [archive]
- Halo Waypoint, Community Update - Into the Storm (Retrieved on Oct 19, 2021) [archive]
- Halo: Reach, campaign level Tip of the Spear
- Halo 2, Covenant comm node in-game model
- Halo: Combat Evolved, Covenant comm node in-game model
- Halo 3, campaign level Sierra 117
- Halo 2, campaign level Uprising
- Halo 3, campaign level The Covenant