UNSC Promise of Dawn
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
|Promise of Dawn|
|Unified Earth Government|
Promise of Dawn
- "...The Promise of Dawn, a frigate which also went missing after the events at Reach last year."
- — An ONI Officer briefs Linda-058 on her next mission.
The Promise was involved in the events surrounding the fall of Reach in an unknown capacity. It was the vessel chosen for the safekeeping of the nascent Smart AI Gabriela, the only known AI containing the entirety of Human history. The vessel was believed lost after the events at Reach, a belief which held for approximately a year before the Office of Naval Intelligence received a distress call from one of the survivors on Sephune III, as they had been trapped on the planet for a year while Dr. Chen Bax worked to free Gabriela's matrix from the ship without informing the majority of his surviving followers. The frigate had made a hard landing on the surface of the planet, and had become trapped in ice and snow, the vessel itself being protected externally by mines, as well as at least two M8 Wolf Spider autoturrets located near the access panel for Gabriela's matrix.
The vessel was destroyed when Chen detonated its self-destruct via remote. This created an avalanche which took out a large portion of a Covenant force intent on killing the humans, saving the survivors by allowing them time to escape.
List of appearances
- Halo: Lone Wolf (First appearance)
- Halo: Lone Wolf, issue 1
- Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition), page 120
- Halo: Lone Wolf, issue 4
- Halo: The Essential Visual Guide, page 76
- Halo: The Essential Visual Guide, page 162
- Halo: The Essential Visual Guide, page 80
- Halo Waypoint, UNSC Frigate (Retrieved on May 13, 2021) [archive]
- Halo: First Strike, chapter 22
- Halo: Reach, campaign level Long Night of Solace
- Halo: The Fall of Reach, chapter 12
- Halo: Fleet Battles: Paris-class heavy frigate stats
- Halo: Lone Wolf, issue 2
- Halo: Lone Wolf, issue 3