There were numerous participants in the Battle for Earth. The UNSC consolidated the last of of their forces at Earth, allowing for large deployments of forces.
- Main article: United Nations Space Command
- Main article: Covenant
The Covenant used a lot of different types of ground vehicles during their siege. The Type-32 Rapid Assault Vehicle were deployed early on, but were eventually overtaken by the Type-25 Rapid Assault Vehicle. As land transportation, the Covenant used the Type-29 Troop/Vehicle Transport. As their main battle tank, the Covenant used the Type-26 Assault Gun Carriage. Their main anti-air vehicle was the Type-52 Anti-Aircraft Artillery. Finally, to assist in breaking down any defenses, the Covenant used the feared Type-47 Ultra Heavy Assault Platform in both the Protos variant, and the Deutoros variant.
The Covenant's main ground attack aircraft was the Type-26 Ground Support Aircraft. Two variants of which were used during the battle; the T26A and the T26C. The Type-52 Troop Carrier was also used as a cargo transport for the Covenant.
- Main article: Covenant separatists
- ^ a b On September 5th, 2552, all remaining UNSC Navy fleets were merged into the Home Fleet. However, the various fleet elements were often grouped and identified by their former fleets.
- ^ a b c d e Halo 2, campaign level, Outskirts
- ^ Halo 3, Halo: Landfall
- ^ a b c Halo 3, campaign level, Tsavo Highway
- ^ a b c d e Halo 2, campaign level, Metropolis
- ^ Halo: Spartan Strike, campaign Level, Mission 3: Conduit
- ^ Halo: Reach, multiplayer map, Breakneck
- ^ a b c Halo 3, campaign level, The Storm
- ^ Halo: Spartan Strike, campaign level, Mission 1: New Mombasa Nightmare
- ^ a b Halo 3, campaign level, Sierra 117
- ^ Halo 3: ODST, campaign level, Uplift Reserve
- ^ Halo 3: ODST, campaign level, Kikowani Station
- ^ Halo 3: ODST, campaign level, Coastal Highway