New Mombasa Nightmare
|New Mombasa Nightmare|
Fight through the city to reach the crash site
|Spartan Strike scores|
25,000 • 20,000 • 10,000
|Halopedia doesn't currently have a walkthrough for this level. Could you write one?|
New Mombasa Nightmare is the first mission of Halo: Spartan Strike. The mission features a Spartan-IV fighting his way towards a highrise where a Spirit dropship carrying vital intel on a Forerunner artifact was shot down by UNSC forces.
New Mombasa. 2552. A Covenant ship downed by the UNSC has crashed into a highrise. The Office of Naval Intelligence belives the ship carries a data pad able to track a Forerunner object called the Conduit. Recover the data pad from the crash site.
Two Hornets fly above a plaza where a large battle between UNSC and Covenant forces takes place. Scorpion tanks exchange fire with Wraiths while groups of Marines attempt to hold out large numbers of Sangheili and Unggoy. Several Sparrowhawks, Hornets and Banshees battle overhead.
- Lieutenant Kwon (COM): "Spartan. I'm Lieutenant Kwon. I'll be on comms to assist you throughout all your missions."
As the two Hornets approach the a park, several SOEIV pods land in the vicinity. The view focuses on a single pod that landed inside the park's boundaries.
- Lieutenant Kwon (COM): "That was a bone rattler! The original landing zone got too hot, so we dropped you here instead."
The SOEIV pod opens and a Spartan-IV clad in orange War Master armor jumps out.
- Lieutenant Kwon (COM): "Looks like the impact busted your weapons. We'll need to replace 'em. Sending you a waypoint."
⚠ Head into the park
The Spartan quickly moves to the marked location. A lone Unggoy Minor is guarding the area completely unaware of the Spartan's presense.
- Lieutenant Kwon (COM): "Eyes on that Grunt, Spartan. Use your melee skills to take him down."
⚠ Melee the Grunt
The Spartan moves closer and kills the Unggoy with a melee attack.
- Lieutenant Kwon (COM): "Good! Now grab his weapon. Or raid that Covenant weapon locker near you."
⚠ Gran a Plasma Pistol
The Spartan picks up a Plasma Pistol.
- Lieutenant Kwon (COM): "Excellent! Now destroy that enemy shield so you can reach UNSC forces."
⚠ Destroy the shield
The Spartan fires at the shield, which is temporarily deactivated. The Spartan then proceeds into the next area.
⚠ Reach the nearby UNSC forces
Two Marines stand ready to attack the Unggoy ahead.
- Lieutenant Kwon (COM): "Well done, Spartan. More Covies incomming. Help the Marines repel them."
⚠ Eliminate the Covenant invaders
Several Unggoy approach the area and are quickly killed by the Marines and the Spartan.
- Lieutenant Kwon (COM): "Great! There's a UNSC-controlled green zone due East of you. Get to it."
⚠ Reach the UNSC green zone
The Spartan begins moving to the East. A Spirit dropship takes off nearby and two Unggoy intercept the Spartan. After eliminating the Unggoy, the Spartan finally reaches the green zone.
- Lieutenant Kwon (COM): "Grunts incomming! Gear up from that locker and help the Marines mop 'em up."
⚠ Clear the area
An Unggoy squad drops from a Spirit dropship and engage in battle against the Marines and the Spartan. More Unggoy exit from a building attempting to flank the UNSC forces and two more Unggoy drop on a Covenant drop pod. Moments later all the Unggoy are killed.
- Lieutenant Kwon (COM): "Good. Keep moving! The enemy data pad we're after is at a crash site to the East."
⚠ Destroy the barricade
The Spartan leaves the green zone and finds a barricade with explosive barrells in it. After firing at it, the barricade is destroyed and the path cleared.
- Lieutenant Kwon (COM): "Marking a grenade cache in your HUD. Should help you clear a path to the high-rise."
⚠ Find a grenade cache
The Spartan is attacked by more Unggoy and quickly kills them. Shortly after, the Spartan runs into a box full of fragmentation grenades.
- Lieutenant Kwon (COM): "Good. Use these grenades to clear enemy barricades."
⚠ Create an exit
More Covenant drop pods land in the area ahead of the Spartan. All the Unggoy in the pods are killed after exiting. An ODST squad on a rooftop nearby attack Covenant off-screen. The Spartan proceeds into an alley and destroys a Covenant barricade with grenades after killing the two Unggoy guarding it.
- Lieutenant Kwon (COM): "Great! The high-rise is just up the road, Spartan. Keep an eye out for more Covenant forces."
⚠ Reach the highrise
The Spartan enters the highway and kills an Unggoy squad, while two ODSTs stand guard at a barricade on the road. Farther ahead, the Spartan's path is once more blocked, this time by several wrecked cars and a Sangheili Minor waiting on the other side.
- Lieutenant Kwon (COM): "If you run out of grenades, look for the Covenant plasma kind, they stick to enemy units."
⚠ Destroy the barricade
The cars explode after being hit by a grenade, with the Sangheili caught in the explosion.
⚠ Reach the highrise
More Unggoy and another Sangheili attack the Spartan and are killed shortly after. Eventually, the Spartan reaches the high-rise entrance. Two ODSTs attack several Unggoy waves nearby.
- Lieutenant Kwon (COM): "Covenant Elites incomming! Get on that machine gun, Spartan!"
⚠ Enter the machine gun turret
The Saprtan enters the machine gun turret
⚠ Eliminate all Covenant attackers
Covenant forces start closing in. The Spartan opens fire upon several Sangheili and over a dozen Unggoy on the highway, until they are all killed."
- Lieutenant Kwon (COM): "Great work! Now head inside and get to the roof. We need to secure that Covenant data pad before they do"
⚠ Enter the highrise
The Spartan leave the turret behind and enters the high-rise.
Assault Op 1
Kill 3 Grunt Minors with melee attacks
Assault Op 2
Kill 20 Grunt Minors with a Magnum
Assault Op 3
Kill 20 Elite Minors with a Plasma Repeater
- This is the only level in Halo: Spartan Strike that does not allow loadout customization or the use of Skulls.
- This is the only level where the player can spam grenades since the grenade stockpiles will be automatically refilled every time grenades are picked up.