From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Presumably October 2552
- "I am not worth five people..."
- — Jonas replying to Sadie's pleas for him to evacuate the city
Jonas was a civilian working as a butcher in Old Mombasa, Kenya in 2552. He was a very large man with an extremely calm and friendly disposition.
During the Covenant invasion of Earth, Jonas calmly gave away his kebabs to the crowd escaping from the city from his butcher shop on Obote Avenue. He had decided to stay in the city, as he realistically had no way to escape; he was too heavy to walk long distances and would take too many seats on a bus, train or boat. He claimed that he could take up to five seats in public transport vehicles.
In the panic created after the Solemn Penance arrived over the city, Jonas embedded his cleaver in an angry motorist's vehicle hood, and proceeded to use the newly-cut hood as a seat, arguing that the motorist's horn was frightening the nearby children. Sadie Endesha tried to convince him to leave the city, but he insisted that Sadie escape first, to find her father. She vowed to return for him with a forklift, but was never given the opportunity. Although his ultimate fate is unknown, he most likely died during the Battle of Mombasa.
- The Superintendent uses Jonas' words to persuade Sadie to leave New Mombasa; instead of 'I am not worth five people...', 'And what about your life?', and 'My brave warrior princess, riding her fearless fork-lift! (laughs)', it is 'I am not worth -- your life -- my brave warrior princess!'
- Jonas is voiced by Richard Zeman.
List of appearances
- Halo 3: ODST
- Sadie's Story (First appearance)
- The Official Halo Cookbook (Mentioned only)
- ^ Halo 3: ODST, Sadie's Story
- ^ Halo 3: ODST, Ending Credits