After Eridanus II fell in 2530, the unit was reassigned to defend other human colonies. Retaining the "E2" designation despite the loss of their homeworld, they became known as one of the "ghost battalions". Following the Fall of Reach in 2552, elements of E2-BAG/1/7 were reassigned to New Mombasa, Earth along with other units as a part of the UNSC's efforts to bolster the defenses of Earth's tether cities. During the Battle of Earth, the Third Squad from the Kilo Company of E2-BAG/1/7 fought alongside MCPO John-117 in New Mombasa. The Spartan later met Kilo Company's commanding officer, Lieutenant Parisa, in the unit's command post at Palace Hotel where they planned a counterattack to retake the city's industrial center from the Covenant and destroy a Scarab. Some members of the unit would later deploy on Installation 05, and see action against the Flood on the installation.
E2-BAG/1/7 was at some point interviewed by Dr. Robert McLees on multiple late-war UNSC and Covenant vehicles and firearms to produce a report entitled Machines, Materiel and Munitions from the Human-Covenant Conflict, 2525 - Present.
- Lt Parisa
- Cpl Palmer
- LCpl Morton
- LCpl Pineada
- PFC Galliard
- PFC Locke
- PFC Sullivan
- Pvt Emerson
- Pvt Jemison
- Robert McLees "interviews" with E2-BAG/1/7 were posted on Bungie.net's front page prior to the release of Halo 3 as a conceit to give an introduction to the weapons and vehicles in the game.
- It is possible that A Company, elements of which are encountered by John-117 near the end of the Halo 2 level Metropolis, was part of E2-BAG/1/7.
- It is possible that the designation "E2-BAG/1/7" is simply an administrative designation, similar to the prefix "V" used for infantry battalions in the US Marine Corps (ex. "V27 for 2nd Battalion, 7th Marine Regiment).
List of appearances
- Halo 2 (First appearance)
- Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe
- Halo 2: Anniversary