From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
|This article is no longer up to date and needs to be updated with new information. You can help bythis article.|
- "You, Ship Master Voro 'Mantakree, are now Fleet Master Voro Nar 'Mantakree. Lead your newly assembled battle group to this world. Destroy the demons and deny them their prize at all costs."
- — Imperial Admiral Xytan 'Jar Wattinree promoting Voro 'Mantakree to fleetmaster
Fleetmaster, occasionally rendered as Fleet Master, is one of the highest titles given to individuals in command of fleets within the Covenant military. On the eve of the Great Schism, the High Prophet of Truth granted the title to several Jiralhanae.
One of the varying degrees of command titles within the Covenant fleet, the title of fleetmaster was given to the officer in command of a fleet. The title was originally only assigned to Sangheili officers within the Covenant fleet, though towards the end of the Human-Covenant War, the High Prophet of Truth promoted several Jiralhanae to the title of fleetmaster in preparation for his plans to remove the Sangheili from the Covenant. Following the empire's collapse during the Great Schism, some Sangheili still held the title of fleetmaster.
Wearing golden combat harnesses to signify their command position, fleetmasters normally utilize a large warship as their flagship, such as a CAS-class assault carrier or Varric-pattern heavy cruiser. Following the fall of the Covenant, some fleetmasters have found that ancient Rwaru-pattern carrack merchant cruisers are surprisingly capable and resilient troop and materiel transports in modern conflicts. When Voro 'Mantakree was promoted from major to a fleetmaster, Imperial Admiral Xytan 'Jar Wattinree bestowed a middle name upon him, making his name Voro Nar 'Mantakree. However, a middle name is not given to all fleetmasters. Fleetmasters can order tweaks on starships for their fleet during the ship's construction.
- Arkad Nar 'Kulul - Fleetmaster of the Fleet of Recalcitrant Ire, which the assault carrier Enduring Conviction belonged to.
- Kantar 'Utaralee – Fleetmaster of an unidentified fleet, perhaps the remnants of the Fleet of Valiant Prudence.
- Nizat 'Kvarosee - Shipmaster of the CAS-class assault carrier Pious Rampage; fleetmaster of the Fleet of Inexorable Obedience
- Rojka 'Kasaan – Shipmaster of ORS-class heavy cruiser Unwavering Discipline; former fleetmaster of Rak's fleet.
- Rtas 'Vadum – Shipmaster of CAS-class assault carrier Shadow of Intent; fleetmaster of the Fleet of Retribution.
- Voro Nar 'Mantakree – Shipmaster of Varric-pattern heavy cruiser Incorruptible, who led a fleet to follow Bloodied Spirit to Onyx.
- Unidentified shipmaster – Shipmaster of a CAS-class assault carrier; fleetmaster of the Fleet of Righteous Vigilance.
List of appearances
- Halo: The Flood
- Priority Broadcast Log/Eleventh Cycle, Third Unit (Mentioned only)
- Halo: Ghosts of Onyx (First appearance)
- Halo 3
- Halo: The Cole Protocol (Mentioned only)
- Halo: Evolutions
- Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary (Mentioned only)
- Halo: Fleet Battles
- Halo: Envoy
- Halo: Rise of Atriox
- Halo: Silent Storm
- Halo: Oblivion
- Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, page 243
- Halo: The Cole Protocol, page 147
- Halo Waypoint: Tartarus
- Halo Waypoint: Community Update - Brute Force
- Halo Waypoint: Canon Fodder - Holiday Shipping
- Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, page 371
- Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, pages 191-278
- Halo Waypoint: Canon Fodder: Have S'moa
- Halo: Warfleet, p. 92
- Halo: Rise of Atriox - Issue #4
- Spartan Games: New Formations for Halo: Fleet Battles
- Halo: Envoy
- Halo Encyclopedia, page 136 (2011)
- Halo: Evolutions, "The Return", page 493