Armor permutation glitch
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
The armor permutation glitch is a glitch that can be performed in Halo: Reach and Halo 4. The result of the glitch would create a randomized character model along with armor details. If the Hologram creator uses an Elite model, the hologram will have a white Minor armor and a random Armor Effect. The same applies to the Spartan model, whereby the hologram will get any randomised armor in the game.
To perform the glitch, simply follow the following:
- In any gametype, equip the Hologram armor ability.
- Create a hologram from the armor ability, while at the same time change your "status", by either going into Monitor mode or dying.
- The hologram at this point should have a randomized armor permutation, different from the creator.
- This glitch only works while not the connection host.
- It is possible to generate armor permutations not actually obtainable in-game. The dead Spartans on Lone Wolf are also capable of being generated with unobtainable armor combinations.