||This article contains information about a non-canonical subject that, while official, is not part of the established Halo universe.
Alien troopers are a deleted Covenant species seen in the Halo 2 Collector's Edition disc. It is unknown exactly what this seems to be. The only data known is that it carries its weapon under its belly, and was a precursor to the Hunter in this aspect. It bears a small resemblance to Elites.
- The Trooper looks as if it could have been conceived as another Mgalekgolo form.
- Several versions of this alien can be found in the book The Art of Halo.
- In the book above it mentions that this creature was meant to be a sniper.
- It had progressed into the texture stage of development before being scrapped, according to art director Marcus R. Lehto in the "cutting room floor" segment of the Halo 2 Collectors Edition Bonus disc.
- The Alien Trooper has a resemblance to the Pfhor from Marathon.
- The Alien Trooper resembles a mix between a Sangheili and a Jiralhanae.