Lehto worked at Bungie from 1997 to 2012, having worked on titles such as Myth: The Fallen Lords, Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach. Following the success of Halo: Reach, Lehto took a leave from Bungie on September 1, 2011, to pursue an independent video game developer career. He returned to Bungie on January 21, 2012 to work on a project with Joe Tung. He left Bungie on October 4, 2012 to, once again, pursue an independent video game developer career.
- Lehto attached several easter eggs to in-game models, including his birthday on the Scorpion tank and his initials on the boot of the Master Chief.
- Lehto was not involved in the making of Halo 5: Guardians, but later played it and provided his thoughts on it on his Twitter.
- The Art of Halo 3, Contributing Artists
- Twitter: Marcus Lehto (@game_fabricator) ("First week away from Bungie - again. 15 great years and many good friends will be missed.")
- Twitter: Marcus Lehto (@game_fabricator) ("Today officially marks my first day apart from Bungie. To Bungie and fans, the last decade has been amazing. Thank you for everything.")
- MettleShop: Back at Bungie
- MettleShop: The new journey?