|This article is currently under construction and needs to be improved. Please refer to the talk page for more info. You can help by the page.|
- This section needs expansion. You can help Halopedia by .
- Main article: Retriever Sentinel
The Retriever Sentinel are considered to be one of the more powerful variants of the Sentinel, Retrievers are massive, ship-sized drones that were utilized to construct installations of the Halo Array from Installation 00, as well as to provide maintenance to the Ark itself.
- Main article: Steward Sentinel
Strato-Sentinels were used as escorts during the Forerunner-Flood war. Strato-Sentinels were also used at Installation 00 at its stripmining moon harvesting precious raw construction materials. Following the firing of the Halo Array, Strato-Sentinelsassisted the keyships with the reintroduction of species throughout the Milky Way, as per the Conservation Measure, accompanying the vessels back to species' homeworlds. Strato-Sentinels assisted with the excavation and construction of a massive slipspace portal on Erde-Tyrene, in the present-day country of Kenya, that had been set into motion by the Librarian before her death. These Strato-Sentinels were spotted by the human tribe elder N'chala, in the years after the reintroduction, who mistook the sentinels for gods.
Behind the scenes
Strato-Sentinels were originally planned to appear in Halo 3, but were ultimately cut from the game. One of the early settings for the maps "Construct" and "Blackout" was the interior of a damaged Strato-Sentinels in orbit around the Foundry, where other Strato-Sentinels could be seen in the distance harvesting materials from the Foundry's resource moon. However, this idea was scrapped. During production, they were known as "Strato-Sentinels", a name that would later be adopted in subsequent canon. The Strato-Sentinels were also intended to be included in Halo 4, though they were removed from the game during the pre-production stages.
Early concept art of the Strato-Sentinels for Halo 3.
Strato-Sentinels in "Origins"
Concept art of the Strato-Sentinels in Halo 4.
List of appearances
- Halo 3: The Cradle of Life (First appearance)
- Halo Legends
- Halo: Hunters in the Dark
- Halo Mythos (Mentioned only)
- Halo Wars 2
- Halo: Renegades (Mentioned only)
- Halo: Outpost Discovery
- Halo Wars 2, Phoenix Log: Retriever Sentinel
- Canon Fodder: Outpost Discoveries
- Halo 3: The Cradle of Life
- Twitter, franklez - "They are deliberate variants created by the Studio4°c in partnership with us - and they are canonical and in that sense those variants could show elsewhere. They are tweaked as new designs to infer re-seeding and general array and repopulation maintenance duties. See also Iris"
- Halo Legends, Origins
- Halo:Encyclopedia, p. 166 (2009 edition), p.176 (2011 edition)
- Halo 3: The Cradle of Life, page 2
- The Art of Halo 3, page 32
- Bungie.net: Deconstructing Construct
- The Art of Halo 3, page 128
- Awakening: The Art of Halo 4