From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
- This article is a stub. You can help Halopedia by expanding it.
Civilian vehicles were cars, starships, aircraft, or boats used by civilians and designed to perform in a non-military combat capacity. Civilian security forces use their own types of vehicles. Civilian companies like the Liang-Dortmund Corporation as well have their own fleet of vehicles, some of which were paramilitary vehicles.
Some types of cars on Earth were required by law to use Roadware. Some types of automobiles also used gravity compensators.
Automobiles on a number of planets used a mounted identification system. On Reach this is achieved through a barcode, while those on Earth use letters and numbers. Some automobiles on Tribute use a hybrid letter/number and barcode system.
Civilian variants of military automobiles
- Mongoose - Some variants of the Mongoose ULATV are popular on both the civilian market alongside the military variants. These civilian versions are available with a variety of upgrade packages, including armored body panels, improved suspension systems, and alternate engines. The civilian version is not rated to carry Spartans without risking damage to the frame.
- Warthog - There are some civilian variants of the Warthog that are available.
#550 Scuderia StarSpeed M-12R, also known as the "Rally Warthog", a racing-spec Warthog design.
Hog, a civilian adaptation of AMG Transport Dynamics' M12 Warthog. The version pictured is on the M12B chassis.
M12S Warthog CST, a civilian Warthog alternative to the military Force Application Vehicle.
- Unnamed Arcadian bus - A type of six wheeled bus used on Arcadia.
A bus on Arcadia.
- Unnamed Mombasa buses
A type of six wheeled bus used in the Mombasa area. An example seen on the Old Mombasa side of the bridge over the Kilindini Harbour.
A type of six wheeled bus seen in and near the New Mombasa city center. An example seen on the Waterfront Highway.
- HC1500 - A four wheeled, single trailer truck manufactured by HuCiv.
- Unnamed Arcadian truck - This type of truck can be seen in high numbers on Arcadia. A version of this truck is a two trailer road train. A news van and ambulance version also exist.
The truck in news van form, seen the Arcadia City area.
- Unnamed trucks
A type of truck used in Pilvros, New Carthage and Casbah City, Tribute.
A type of truck used on Andesia and by Liang-Dortmund Corporation on Meridian.
A type of truck used prominently in the Mombasa area. This example is seen on the Old Mombasa side of the bridge over the Kilindini Harbour.
An 18-Wheeler used at the Mombasa Tether.
- MLX - A luxury two seat sports car.
- Überchassis - A five seater, luxury sports car.
The Überchassis as seen in Halo 2.
- Phaco GT - A vehicle manufactured by AMG.
- Arrow-XR3 - A racing vehicle.
- Goblin VS - A racing vehicle.
- Unnamed cars
An unnamed car used to kidnap Ellen Anders.
- Komodo - A six wheeled super-heavy all-terrain truck manufactured by Traxus Heavy Industries.
- Arilus - A JOTUN Heavy Industries utility truck that can have different tool pieces mounted to it.
- Olifant - A waste mover version of the M313 Elephant manufactured by JOTUN Heavy Industries.
- Forklift - A specialty vehicle designed to move large objects.
The Traxus Heavy Industries S-2 Cargo Transporter.
The Traxus Heavy Industries SL-4 Cargo Transporter.
- Cart - A type of small vehicle used to move cargo.
Other motorized vehicles
A type of motor scooter being used in Old Mombasa.
- Maglev train - A type of train that is propelled by magnetic levitation.
A type of maglev used in New Alexandria.
A type of maglev used in Mombasa.
An overhead tram used in Pilvros, New Carthage.
- Main article: Human marine craft
- Abdel - A type of small boat with an outboard motor.
Benjamin Giraud watching the Abdel, full of people evacuate Mombasa.
- Dinghy - A dinghy is a semi-rigid, inflatable boat with an outboard motor.
A dinghy at the Mombasa Quays.
- Unnamed large vessel - A very large waterborne vessel, that is not propelled by traditional boat propellers.
- Unnamed cargo ship - A type of cargo ship that docks at the Mombasa Tether.
- Beta Gabriel submarine - A type of submarine used under the seas of Beta Gabriel.
The SS Murrill, an example of this type, docked at Fathom Station.
Covenant civilian vehicles
- Anti-gravity barge - A type of barge for moving civilians.
Civilian vehicles generally appear as scenery objects in Campaign and Multiplayer of various Halo games. In Halo: Spartan Strike, it is noted that when Grizzly tank or Wraith Tank runs over an intact vehicle, the armor will suffer minuscule damage. Destroying the vehicle before running it over is recommended to maintain a high score.
In Halo: Reach, a number of civilian vehicles are actually drivable. This includes the Cart, the S-2 Traxus Cargo Transporter, the Spade, and the HC1500. None of them have weapons and are quite easily destroyed. However the Spade actually allows Jorge-052 to stand on the rear platform and mount his chaingun to the roof.
In Halo 2: Anniversary's multiplayer, the Hog is a drivable vehicle.
- Main article: Forge
A number of civilian vehicles appear as Forge objects. In Halo 3, two vehicles appear as placable scenery items. In Halo 5: Guardians, three vehicles are forge objects; the Fossa, the Dewmax, and an unnamed truck.
The version of Halo: Reach in Halo: The Master Chief Collection added several civilian vehicles to Forge.
During the production of Halo: Chronicles, several civilian Corporate starship designs were sketched.[Note 1]
Dozens of unnamed boats fleeing Mombasa during the Battle of Mombasa.
Concept art from Halo 3 of a large truck.
Concept art of civilian corporate spacecraft for Halo: Chronicles.
- ^ I love bees, Axon Clips, Chapter 1 - Janissary James: "The Walk-away Girl"
- ^ Halo: Battle Born, chapter 2
- ^ Halo: Reach: Spade model
- ^ Halo 3: ODST, Genet model
- ^ a b Halo 4, multiplayer map Landfall
- ^ Halo on Twitter: "The Mongoose is an all-terrain quad bike that is wildly popular both on the civilian market and within the UNSC. #FictionFriday" (Retrieved on Jun 1, 2020) [archive]
- ^ Halo Waypoint, Mongoose (Retrieved on Jun 1, 2020) [archive]
- ^ a b Halo 2, campaign level Outskirts
- ^ a b Halo 2, campaign level Metropolis
- ^ Halo 3: ODST, campaign level Mombasa Streets
- ^ a b c Halo 3: ODST, campaign level Coastal Highway
- ^ Halo Wars, campaign level Arcadia City
- ^ a b Halo 4, multiplayer map Perdition
- ^ Halo 3: ODST, campaign level Mombasa Streets
- ^ Halo 3, campaign level The Storm
- ^ Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Terminal 8
- ^ Halo: Contact Harvest, p. 261
- ^ Space Ship Guru, Concept Ships: "...the bottom two ships are a mix. They're owned by a corporation and they have some limited weapons mostly they just haul around mercenaries and scientists." (Retrieved on Jun 1, 2020) [archive]