Recommended number of players:
|“||Before Winter Contingency was declared, ONI spooks kept themselves occupied in this remote installation.||”|
The map is described as "the stepson of Prisoner and Boarding Action". It is a small, asymmetrical slayer map with three gravity lifts and a series of bridges and walkways leading over a central atrium. It features many external and internal stairways and rooms, making it an appealing map for infection games as there are many strategically controllable areas and vantage points.
The following are locations on the map that are so named on the player's HUD during gameplay:
- Meeting Room
- Low Bridge
- Medium Bridge
- High Bridge
- Low Vent
- Corner Vent
- Break room
- Control Center
- High Hall
- Operations Hall
- This map has changed very much from the Beta version, the walls around the facility having been destroyed and burnt, with large amount of debris on the ground. The Gravity Lift in the center has also been weakened.
- Using the Forge Turret Glitch, one can get behind the large door found on the ground level, and out of the map.
- ^ a b Bungie.net: Bungie Weekly Update: 04.09.10
- ^ Bungie.net: Sword Base Preview
- ^ ShackNews: Screenshots from Halo: Reach
- ^ IGN: Halo: Reach -- The Beta Maps