Grenflekt Workshop Scrap Cannon
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
|Grenflekt Workshop Meat Shredder|
204 centimeters (80.2 in)
151 rounds (detached)
|“||Banished gatling mortar that fires high-explosive grenades. The rate of fire increases the longer the trigger is held down.||”|
The Grenflekt Workshop Meat Shredder, also known as the Scrap Cannon, is a turreted weapon emplacement designed by the Grenflekt Workshop and manufactured by the Forge of Teash in service with the Banished. It saw use during the Battle for Zeta Halo in 2560.
The Scrap Cannon has a similar ergonomic design to the Brute Shot and more traditional plasma cannons, though a wildly different operating mechanism. The weapon functions as a fully-automatic gatling mortar that fires explosive rounds, with a rate of fire that increases the longer the trigger is held down. To either side of the barrel is a razor-sharp bayonet.
The Scrap Cannon's name comes from its construction—unlike more advanced weapons of Covenant origin which require assembler vats to build and maintain, the Scrap Cannon can be assembled using relatively simple fabrication techniques and metal pulled from the destroyed remains of human equipment. These facets have made it a widely deployed weapon particularly for the remote Banished detachment operating on Installation 07.
The Scrap Cannon is predominantly used by Chieftains of the Jiralhanae forces of the Banished, including Tovarus and Escharum. Its relatively simple construction has made it ideal for service in long expeditionary campaigns such as the Battle for Zeta Halo—with Banished fabricators in the field able to easily construct and maintain the weapons with relatively simple tools.
The Scrap Cannon is fully automatic, and the rate of fire increases the longer the weapon is fired. As with many turreted weapons, it can be detached from its base to be fired from the hip.  The Scrap Cannon is wielded by Jiralhanae Chieftains including Tovarus and Escharum.
- "What’s that? You don’t enjoy hot metal being hurled at you from uncomfortable distances while you’re just trying to mind your own business and defend humanity? Well, too bad so sad, shouldn’t have made the Brutes mad."
- — Jeff Easterling
Screenshots and renders
List of appearances
- Halo Infinite (First appearance)
- Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition), page 481
- Halo Support, Halo Infinite Weapon, Equipment, and Vehicle Inventory: "Fully automatic ballistic cannon that fires explosive rounds. Rate of fire ramps up quickly by holding down the firing trigger. Limited ammunition supply if removed from its mounting bracket." (Retrieved on Mar 23, 2023) [archive]
- Halo Infinite, Forge - Scrap Cannon Turret description: "Banished gatling mortar that fires high-explosive grenades. The rate of fire increases the longer the trigger is held down."
- Halo Waypoint, Canon Fodder - Peek Design (Retrieved on May 10, 2021) [archive]
- Halo Infinite, Scrap Cannon in-game weapon