From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
A plasma lance is a kind of energy projector employed by Covenant starships as an ultra-heavy anti-ship weapon. Plasma lances fire tightly-focused streams of plasma at their enemies, dealing a great deal of kinetic and thermal damage. At close range, plasma lances are capable of cutting un-shielded warships in half.
Scaled-down forms of plasma lances known as plasma emitters may also be present on larger warships, intended for use as general-purpose anti-ship weaponry. Plasma emitters emit continuous beams of plasma capable of being used to bore into a planetary surface to excavate Forerunner artifacts.
Unique and individual designs
- Muesh-pattern flensing lance turret
- Kewu-pattern battleship - One such weapon was present on the Kewu, and was considered considerably more powerful than the regular energy projectors used by the Covenant. The Ministry of Concert commissioned the Kewu-pattern battleship for policing other Covenant warships, indicating they were the Muesh-pattern's intended targets.
- Worthy Fire relic lance
- Rasus-pattern interdictor - five such weapons were included on the Rasus-pattern, each sourced from an array of irreplaceable Forerunner weapon-cores.
Heavy and superheavy plasma lances
- Lances of the Faithful
- Main article: Lances of the Faithful
- Urpeon-pattern superheavy plasma lance
- Sh'wada-pattern supercarrier - 12x Urpeon-pattern plasma lances
- Kerel-pattern assault carrier - 2x Urpeon-pattern plasma lances
- Syfon-pattern assault carrier - 2x Urpeon-pattern plasma lances
- N'nap-pattern heavy plasma lance
- Rothen-pattern fireship - 1x N'nap-pattern plasma lance. The installation of the oversized N'nap-pattern lance requires sacrificing most other crew comfort considerations aboard the Rothen-pattern fireship.
- Razu-pattern heavy plasma lance
- Ventrax-pattern heavy plasma lance
Light and regular plasma lances
- Baen Ka-pattern plasma lance
- Ignis-pattern plasma lance
- Ket-pattern battlecruiser - 1x Ignis-pattern plasma lance
- Ruma-pattern light carrier - 2x Ignis-pattern plasma lances
- Emri Ka-pattern light plasma lance
- Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition), page 261
- Halo: Warfleet - Examiners, page 64-65
- Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition), page 266-267
- Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition), page 226-227
- Halo: Warfleet, page 56-57
- Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition), page 262-263
- Halo: Warfleet, page 70-71
- Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition), page 271
- Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition), page 264-265
- Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition), page 269
- Halo: Warfleet, page 18
- Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition), page 462