Plasma bombardment mortar
- "Corvette over the starport pounded the hell out of the place."
- — Sergeant Marcus Stacker, after a corvette bombarded the New Alexandria Starport
The plasma bombardment mortar is a ship-to-surface plasma weapon system designed by the Covenant. These plasma mortars mark and bombard surface targets, such as infrastructure and infantry. Within the Covenant fleet, the mortar gunners aboard destroyers were trained to obey their orders without question or mercy, even if those orders resulted in the incidental loss of faithful Covenant warriors in the target area. The Covenant maintained several plasma mortar design patterns.
- Carnax Et-pattern - Used on the CPV-class heavy destroyer .
- Carnax Nu-pattern - Used on the SDV-class heavy corvette. 
- Fet-pattern - Used on the ORS-class heavy cruiser. 
List of appearances
- Halo: Reach (First appearance)