From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Little is known of the saker's operational mechanism; the Chwich-pattern Saker sky striker artillery piece is classed as having a single heavy plasma cannon, while the Shumku-pattern mounted as the primary weapon on the R'sikosh-pattern man o' war is classed as a fusion saker; the differences between the two (if any) are unknown. The saker's unique usage exclusively on the man o' war may indicate to be a Forerunner derived weapon system employed by Pelahsar the Strident during the War of Beginnings, which was mounted aboard the warship Reckless Pursuit and used to bring down the Supernal Spiral-class keyship, Anodyne Spirit - forcing an end to the war and the formation of the Covenant.
Models of saker
- Chwich-pattern Saker - a heavy artillery piece employed by Jul 'Mdama's Covenant, stripped from older ancient Sangheili warships and repurposed as a remote-link artillery piece.
- Shumku-pattern fusion saker - employed as the primary weapon aboard the R'sikosh-pattern man o' war.
List of appearances
- Halo 4 (First appearance; Halo: The Master Chief Collection-only)
- Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition), page 270
- Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition), page 305
- Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition), page 259