Kikowani Station (location)
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
|Kikowani Station (location)|
- "Hello traveler. The Mombasa Transit Authority welcomes you to Kikowani station. How may I serve you?"
- — Station kiosk to Sadie Endesha
Kikowani Station is an NMTA Maglev train station part of the New Mombasa MagLev train network. It was located in the city center of New Mombasa, Kenya. The station could be accessed from Sector 0 at street level.
Early during the Covenant invasion of the city in the Battle for Earth, seven Huragok managed to escape their Jiralhanae handlers in Kikowani. Six of them attempted to remove an explosive device from the seventh, they accidentally triggered the device and all but the seventh Huragok were killed.
Commissioner Kinsler had a private train parked at Platform 9, waiting for Sadie Endesha. As well, a crowd formed on the platforms trying to board the train as the Covenant bombarded the station. With the help of a Huragok and Vergil, the crowd boarded the train and killed Kinsler and with Sadie and Mike Branley, departed for Old Mombasa.
By the night of the first day of the battle, the station's surroundings, including the train tunnels, were flooded by water. This prevented a squad of ODSTs from escaping the city through the train tunnels. Instead, the squad stole a Covenant Phantom that landed in the station and used it to fly to safety. An hour later, the Rookie visited the outside of Kikowani Station and found the biofoam canister that had been used to treat Romeo's injuries before moving on.
List of appearances
- Halo 3: ODST, Audio Log - Sadie's Story, Circle 1, Arc 1
- Halo 3: ODST, campaign level Mombasa Streets
- Halo 3: ODST, Audio Log - Sadie's Story, Circle 6, Arc 2
- Halo 3: ODST, Audio Log - Sadie's Story, Circle 6, Arc 3
- Halo 3: ODST, Audio Log - Sadie's Story, Circle 9, Arc 2
- Halo 3: ODST, Audio Log - Sadie's Story, Circle 9, Arc 5
- Halo 3: ODST, Audio Log - Sadie's Story, Circle 9, Arc 6
- Halo 3: ODST, campaign level Kikowani Station