One point of access is through a reinforced emergency door from Sector B - this leads to the parking facilities; another point of access is through a tambour door adjacent to the main station entrance. Liwitoni Station has eight ticket booths and three phones, as well as five of what appear to be closed circuit televisions.
Liwitoni Station, along with every other MagLev station, was closed following the Covenant invasion during the Battle of Earth. The maglev rail system was one of the Covenant's first targets during the battle.
- The Terminal's automatic PA announcements are spoken in both English and Swahili.
- The Monitors at the station are all tuned to Channel 7. This is another one of Bungie's 7 references.
- An advertisement for Havadi Goodwan can be found on one of the Terminal's walls. It's the only ad found in the station.
- In modern-day Mombasa, there is a district called "Liwatoni". This location is fully submerged by the 26th century, located some hundreds of meters WNW of Uplift Nature Reserve. Evidently, the district has been redesignated since the 21st century; this is the case with many other districts in the city as well, due to the fact that the coastlines and structure of the city have changed so dramatically.
- The Halo 2 multiplayer map Terminal, part of the Maptacular Pack, is set in Liwitoni Station.
List of appearances
- Halo 2 (First appearance)