From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
|Nahle'hax-pattern needle launcher|
One known chassis of the Nahle'hax-pattern needler.
73 centimetres (28.7 in)-74.3 centimetres (29.3 in)
4.8-6.3mm Subanese crystal shards
Close to medium
The Nahle'hax-pattern needle launcher (UNSC Type classification: Type-33 Guided Munitions Launcher, T-33 GML), is a Covenant infantry weapon originally manufactured by Sacred Promissory during the Human-Covenant War. Following the Fall of High Charity, the needler is manufactured by Lodam Armory.
- Main article: Needler
The Nahle'hax-pattern needler has multiple known chassis. They are all characterized by a longer handguard extending from the lower cowling that curves upwards and a thumbhole in the grip. One variant of the chassis is slightly longer; it has a small blue light on either side of the upper cowling, and a row of three triangle lights between the upper cowling and the grip. A second variant has four metallic braces, rather than four glowing lines, that connect the cowlings to the channel braces on either side of the weapon. A third variant has no small blue lights on either side of the upper cowling, and a row of three trapezoid lights between the upper cowling and the grip. This third variant’s chassis has either navy blue or purple coloration.
An exploded view of the needler, drawn by Dr. Catherine Halsey.
The Nahle'hax-pattern needler was employed by the Covenant and observed by the United Nations Space Command as early as 2533, as indicated by its UNSC designation Type-33 Guided Munitions Launcher. During the Battle of Actium in 2545, the 34th Armored Division recovered a Nahle'hax-pattern needler from the Covenant that was later displayed at Outpost Discovery, an exploratory initiative launched by the United Nations Space Command. This pattern of the needler was notably employed during the Fall of Reach by Fleet of Valiant Prudence forces deployed in Eposz, and, after the war, it was employed by Jul 'Mdama's Covenant during the Battle of Requiem and the Requiem campaign
A Yanme'e firing the needler at SPARTAN-B312.
A Kig-Yar Storm with the needler during the Requiem campaign.
Non-canon and dubious canon appearances
- Main article: Silver Timeline
- "See these holes on the top plate? That's where the needle rounds are primed. You pull the trigger and somehow they just know how to target living tissue."
- — Kai-125 explaining her favorite Covenant weapon.
Needlers are used by the Covenant during their war against humanity. Silver Team will occasionally scavenge needlers from dead Covenant and use them against Covenant troops.
- During the Halo: Reach Multiplayer Beta, the lights on the Nahle'hax-pattern needler are colored green instead of blue.
- Although its design is derived from the needler from Halo: Reach, the variant of the Nahle'hax-pattern needler with metallic braces appears exclusively in in Halo 2: Anniversary pre-rendered cinematics produced by Blur Studio for Halo 2: Anniversary, as the in-game model of the needler was replaced by the needler from Halo 4. The propmakers for Halo: Outpost Discovery were later given Blur's high poly model to create the prop for display during the event.
|Browse more images in this article's gallery page.|
A profile view of the needler in the Halo: Reach Multiplayer Beta.
The needler from Halo: Reach being used in the cancelled Halo Online.
Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
Halo 2: Anniversary
An Unggoy Minor wielding a Nahle'hax-pattern needler.
John-117 takes aim with the Nahle'hax-pattern needler.
First-person view of the needler in Halo 2: Anniversary campaign.
John-117 duel-wielding needlers during the Battle of Installation 05.
A Spartan using a needler on Stonetown.
A Spartan firing a needler on Shrine.
The Nahle'hax-pattern needler prop held by a staff member at Halo: Outpost Discovery.
Prop of the needler for Halo: The Television Series.
List of appearances
- Halo: Reach (First appearance)
- Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
- Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn
- Halo 4
- Halo: Spartan Assault
- Halo: Initiation
- Halo: Escalation
- Halo 2: Anniversary
- Halo Mythos
- Halo: Collateral Damage
- Halo: Fireteam Raven
- Halo: Official Spartan Field Manual
- Halo: Battle Born
- Halo: Outpost Discovery
- Halo: The Television Series
- ^ a b c d e Halo: The Essential Visual Guide, page 128
- ^ Halo Waypoint, Halo 4 Interactive Guide - Weapons: Needler (Retrieved on May 1, 2013) [local archive] [external archive]
- ^ a b c d e f g Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide, page 85
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition), page 294
- ^ a b c d e f g Halo Waypoint, Universe - Needler (Retrieved on Jan 27, 2021) [archive]
- ^ a b Halo Encyclopedia (2011 edition), page 337
- ^ a b c d Halo 4, Gameplay
- ^ Halo 2: Anniversary, Gameplay
- ^ a b c Halo: Reach, Gameplay
- ^ a b Halo: Reach, Game manual
- ^ a b c Halo: Outpost Discovery: Hall of History - Needler plaque
- ^ Halo 2: Anniversary, campaign level Gravemind
- ^ Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn
- ^ Bungie.net, Halo: Reach Ordnance Page (Retrieved on Feb 7, 2021) [archive]
- ^ Halo: Reach, In-game model
- ^ Halo 4, In-game model
- ^ Halo 2: Anniversary, In-game model
- ^ a b Halo: The Television Series, episode Homecoming