Laser Kill (Splaser Kill in Halo 4) is a medal awarded in Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo: Reach and Halo 4 in campaign, multiplayer, Firefight and Spartan Ops for killing an enemy with the Spartan Laser. It is represented by a gray cog shape with a black circle that in turn has a red dot in the center. In Halo 4 the medal is also placed on top of a blue circle and grey 4-pointed star.
As this medal is awarded, a message appears on the screen, saying "You lasered (player)".
- This medal bears a strong resemblance to the viewing port of Hal 9000, an AI from the movie "2001: A Space Odyssey"; it has a dark circle with a single red dot in the center.
- In Halo 3 the "You lasered (player)" appears to be glitched, because on occasion, when an ally lasers an opponent, it will only say "(Ally) killed (player)".
- You can also get this medal by lasering an enemy's vehicle while they're in it. An easy way to get multiples of this medal is to destroy a vehicle with multiple passengers with the laser, you will get one for each person in the destroyed vehicle.
- The medal resembles the barrel of the weapon with the red dot being the charged laser.
- The player will get 3 of this in Halo 3: ODST Firefight when they laser a Wraith, one for the driver, one for the turret and the final one for the tank itself.
- Earning Laser Kill medal by killing a Banshee in Halo 3 campaign or matchmaking will unlock the Too Close to the Sun achievement.
- Earning a Double Kill Laser Kill with a single Spartan Laser Shot in a Halo 3 free for all ranked match unlocks the Two for One achievement.
- Earning 10 Laser Kill medals in the Halo 3: ODST level ONI Alpha Site will unlock the Laser Blaster achievement.
- Earning two Splaser Kill medals with direct hits in a Halo 4 War Games matchmaking game on a Castle map will unlock the Dodge This! achievement.
- In the Halo 3 multiplayer beta, the red dot in the center appeared much brighter than the final version.
The Halo: Reach version.