|Type-54 Rapid Attack Vehicle|
Twin plasma cannons
Ground support aircraft
The Type-54 Rapid Attack Vehicle (T-54 RAV), more commonly identified as the Ghost by the UNSC, is a standard reconnaissance and rapid attack vehicle in service with various Covenant remnant factions.
The Type-54 Rapid Attack Vehicle features a sleek biomimetic carapace and is integrated with the latest boosted-gravity drive components. This along with other improvements means the Type-54 RAV offers a greater level of protection and higher performance compared to the older Type-32 Rapid Attack Vehicle.
- Sword Ghost: The Swords of Sanghelios field crimson-painted T-54 Ghosts with improved armor over the standard models.
- Ghost Ultra: Ultra Ghosts are next-generation, silver-painted T-54s with even greater armor and more powerful explosive plasma cannons than the Sword Ghost. Ghost Ultras are exclusively produced by the independent Sangheili colony of Whispering Trees.
- Temple Ghost: Driven by veteran Zealots who have mastered their impetuous natures, the Temple Ghost, a rare treasure worth its weight in lesser warriors, is a Masterwork Ghost with hardened armor, improved handling, and plasma cannons that can be fired while boosting.
- Warzone Ghost: The Warzone Ghost is a variant of the Ghost used by enemy AI in War Games simulations.
The Type-54 RAV was put into service after the end of the Human-Covenant War, with the Covenant remnants utilizing new manufacturing facilities to produce the model. The Type-54 was used in multiple battles, including the Battle of Kamchatka and various battles in the Blooding Years. By October 2558, Arbiter Thel 'Vadam had used his contacts and influence to purchase T-54 Ghosts for the Swords of Sanghelios that boasted superior armor compared to the Ghosts used by Jul 'Mdama's Covenant. A small number of Ultra Ghosts were used by Jul 'Mdama's Covenant during the Battle of Genesis. Around the same time T-54 Ghosts became popular in War Games matches aboard the UNSC Infinity.
Changes from the Type-32 Ghost in Halo 2 Anniversary
- The Ghost, like its Halo 4 counterpart, once again has a limited amount of time to boost before it has to recharge. In addition to the base model there are also three variants: the Sword Ghost, Ultra Ghost, and Temple Ghost.
- Handling and maneuverability have been vastly improved.
- Plasma cannons' projectile velocity and damage have been increased to compensate for Halo 5's enhanced mobility.
- The Ghost's side engines are its weakpoints; once exposed, if shot there, it will take damage much faster.
|See our gameplay information related to Type-54 Ghost in its gameplay page|
|Browse more images in this article's gallery page.|
HUD of the Ghost by Olympia Vale in the Halo 5: Guardians campaign.
HUD of the Ultra Ghost by Edward Buck in the Halo 5: Guardians campaign.
A Spartan driving a Ghost on Escape from ARC.
A Type-57 Phantom carrying two T-54 Ghosts.
A Sangheili Commander driving a Ghost.
A Mark V Alpha-clad Spartan-IV driving an Ultra Ghost.
The three initial Ghost types on Raid on Apex 7.
A Raijin-clad Spartan-IV driving a Temple Ghost.
Halo 5: Guardians REQ cards
List of appearances
- Halo 5: Guardians (First appearance)
- Halo 5: Guardians
- Halo Waypoint - Canon Fodder - Designs of the Times
- Halo 5: Guardians, campaign levels Genesis and Guardians