|Halopedia has a walkthrough guide to this level, Repairs. See Repairs/Walkthrough.|
|“||Repair Spirit of Fire and drive Covenant forces back.||”|
The UNSC Spirit of Fire flies out a tunnel directly into the interior of the planet which is revealed to be a miniature Dyson sphere. Very soon, they are found up against Covenant once again. After colliding with a CPV-class heavy destroyer, Sergeant John Forge is charged with using several Cyclopes to repair the ship's power core. Although they are besieged by Spirit dropships carrying platoons of Covenant squads and Banshees, the UNSC forces have Hawks, Wolverines, Gremlins, Deck turrets and Marine squads to counter back. Once the Power Core is repaired, Sergeant Forge and all UNSC forces above are recalled back into the ship.
The UNSC Spirit of Fire emerges inside the inner Dyson sphere of the Etran Harborage shield world and almost immediately ends up on a collision course with the Covenant CPV-class heavy destroyer Proclamation's Tithe. Despite the ship quickly adjusting course, the port side of the Spirit of Fire collides with the destroyer, heavily damaging the ship and destroying several D20 Herons. The Proclamation's Tithe opens fire on the Spirit of Fire as Captain James Cutter orders repair teams led by Sergeant John Forge to the top deck and Serina notices that they are actually inside the planet.
Commanded by Forge, several Cyclopses set to work repairing the ship's damaged power core with the damage preventing the Spirit of Fire from escaping. As the repairs are conducted, the destroyer sends over multiple boarding parties using Spirit dropships as well as Banshees and Locusts. Troops and vehicles from the Spirit of Fire struggle to repel the heavy assault while repairs are made and the destroyer continues to exchange fire with the Spirit of Fire.
Finally, after the ship's power core is repaired, Captain Cutter orders Serina to take the Spirit of Fire away at best speed and the ship escapes the Covenant destroyer.
Scene opens to a calm, pine-forested area surrounded by Forerunner structures clustered around an opening in the ground, presumably designed for entry into the interior of the Shield World. Soon, the ground begins to quake violently, before the massive frame of the Spirit of Fire emerges from said entrance port at high speed. The UNSC vessel is then revealed to be heading straight towards the Covenant CPV-class heavy destroyer Proclamation's Tithe.
Inside the bridge of the Spirit of Fire, Captain Cutter is seen sitting in his command chair while looking through the central window of the bridge, quickly examining the approaching Covenant destroyer, and turning around to Serina.
- Captain James Gregory Cutter: "Hard starboard!"
- Serina: "Hard starboard, aye!"
Despite course corrections, the Spirit of Fire fails to completely avoid the incoming ship, and the destroyer violently shears through the port side of the Spirit of Fire, destroying its docked supply of Herons. The destroyer itself remains completely unscathed from the violent collision, protected by its energy shields, and begins to slow down along with the Spirit of Fire, putting the two vessels hovering directly next to one another. In the bridge of the Spirit of Fire, the combat alarm begins to sound.
- Serina: "Captain! They are charging weapons!"
- Cutter: "Battle stations! Bring weapons online. Tell Forge he's not done out there yet!"
- Serina: "Alerting the Sergeant - aye, sir."
The destroyer fires its plasma turret from the side of its hull at the Spirit of Fire sending shards of wrecked metal into the air, while several deck-mounted cannons begin to emerge from within the Spirit of Fire. Back in the bridge in the Spirit of Fire, Serina is looking down at a the holo-table, which shows a holographic display of the two ships, which are then revealed to be on the interior of a hollow construct.
- Serina: "So... am I the only one freaked out by the fact we're inside the planet?"
The newly emerged deck-mounted cannons begin to fire upon the destroyer, which responds with more heavy plasma fire, destroying one of the deck guns and filling the screen with explosions.
On the port side of the Spirit of Fire, UNSC forces regroup, while Banshees and Hawks fight each other over the ship.
- Serina: "Captain, we need damage control, or the Spirit of Fire is going down."
Sergeant John Forge and his Marines are seen accompanying a Cyclops to the power core.
- Cutter: "Forge, use Cyclopes to repair the power core, while you defend against Covenant attacks."
Cyclopes begin to repair the power core, while Covenant dropships land and deploy troops. The UNSC forces fight back the invading forces. Covenant Banshees start to fire on the power core.
- Sergeant John Forge (COM): "They're attacking our power core!"
- Serina: "Captain, they're transporting invasion force onto the hull."
- Serina: "They're attacking with both aircraft and ground troops, we should upgrade our turrets to counter appropriately."
The battle rages on as the Covenant destroyer begin to support the troops with its plasma turrets. When the power core has been repaired halfway:
- Serina: "Our power core has been repaired about halfway."
If the Covenant had significantly damaged the power core while it's under repair:
- Serina: "They've taken a bite out of our repair efforts, fight them off!"
The Firefight on the hull continues. The power core is nearly repaired.
- Serina: "The Spirit's power core is almost repaired."
The UNSC forces continue to fight off the Covenant as the power core has been full repaired.
- Cutter: "The power core is fully repaired, Serina. Best speed away."
- In the pre-rendered cutscene the lines on the surface of the shield world are latitudinal, though they are longitudinal in-game. Spirit of Fire's Marine complement probably required a few minutes to reach the outer hull, during which time the ships could have altered their respective headings, explaining the change in the lines' orientation. The terrain on the surface also looks slightly different, likely due to graphical limitations.
- Spartan units from Red Team are incorrectly labelled as "Spartan Omega Team" when the player selects them during gameplay.
- The Repairs glitch can be done on this level. The player first has to kill all the marines but make sure their Hornets survive. Upgrade the Hornets to the max, then make the rest of the units Cyclops. While the Cyclopes are still being made, get the Hornets fully upgraded and keep on selecting outside the map. Once all of the Cyclops are built, the player will have their Hornets and the camera stuck outside the map, and a Mega turret can be seen floating in midair. This may take a few tries to perform, and once outside the map, the player cannot get back in to the level.
- The Spirit of Fire's deck guns aid you in this mission, destroying Banshees and Spirits in a few shots. Don't rely on them alone, however, as they have a slow rate of fire and cannot attack ground units.
- Official Xbox Magazine: March 2009 - Halo Wars Review
|Halo Wars campaign missions