|Halopedia has a walkthrough guide to this level, Arcadia Outskirts. See Arcadia Outskirts/Walkthrough.|
|“||The civilian evacuation is complete. UNSC forces must safely withdraw from the city.||”|
Arcadia Outskirts is the fifth level of the real-time strategy game, Halo Wars.
After evacuating numerous civilians inside Pirth City, Sergeant John Forge, his Marines, a Scorpion tank and Red Team retreat to a nearby impact crater, the closest defensible position. However, along the way they encounter large numbers of Covenant near their route and pursuing them. The UNSC forces manage to reach the crater and clear it of Covenant forces.
The UNSC forces construct a Firebase in the crater and begin building up their forces as they defend the crater, joined by more retreating forces brought in by Pelican dropship. The UNSC forces are forced to hold for around twenty minutes against massive waves of Covenant troops and vehicles, with the Covenant eventually constructing a Mega Turret nearby. Finally, Forge and his forces manage to hold out long enough for SPARTAN Team Omega to arrive to reinforce them.
With the help of Team Omega, the UNSC forces launch an attack on a nearby Covenant citadel, the main Covenant base in the area. After the base is destroyed, Team Omega departs the area and Forge is recalled to the UNSC Spirit of Fire because they've got a new problem.
Forge and his troops are evacuating from the city, under Covenant pursuit.
- Forge: "The Covenant are right on our ass, keep moving!"
- Captain Cutter: "We can not lose our foothold on Arcadia, gentlemen. Secure a defensible position, and hold it until we can reinforce you!"
- Serina: "I've scanned the area. The best defensible position is an impact crater a few clicks south along the highway."
- Forge: "Get to that crater! Do not engage the enemy behind us! Keep moving!"
UNSC forces reach the crater only to find Covenant forces occupying it.
- Forge: "Clear the enemy out of this crater!"
- Forge: "We only have a little time to prep the base for the Covenant attacks, let's get to it."
- Serina: "We're dropping a Command Center in that crater for you, preparing Omega Team now."
- Captain Cutter: "Other UNSC units have been notified, and are retreating to your position."
- Forge: "The Covenant are building structures to the north of our base."
- Evac Pelican: "Evac Pelican inbound with UNSC survivors, cover us!"
- Serina: "Scans indicate that Covenant are building a large plasma weapon."
- Forge: "Covenant Mega Turret. We've got to take it out somehow!"
- Evac Pelican: "Thanks for the cover, we're ready to help."
With reinforcements from the Evac Pelican the turret is destroyed
- Forge: "The Mega Turret is down, good work."
- Bravo 29: "Pelican Bravo 29, got a few stragglers for ya requesting cover."
- Bravo 29: "Thanks for the cover, we're ready to help."
- Angel: "Angel here, got some evac Marines here wanting to help, cover my landing."
- Angel: "Thanks for the cover, we're ready to help."
If a second base has been established:
- Captain Cutter: "Excellent work!"
At the 20 minute mark of the level:
- Serina: "Help is coming. Trust me, you won't be disappointed."
- Serina: "Spartan Team Omega is prepped and ready, Pelican is en route."
- Spartan Team Omega: "Spartan Team Omega, inbound."
- Forge: "More Spartans! Serina, you never disappoint."
- Spartan Team Omega: "We'll clean up this mess."
- Forge: "Let's see what these Spartans can do, push the Covenant back!"
- Spartan Team Omega: "This is too easy."
- Spartan Team Omega: "This is Omega Team, this sector is clear, we're gone."
- Captain Cutter: "Sergeant Forge, report to the bridge ASAP. We've got a new problem."
- If you look closely in the crater at the beginning of the level, you will encounter multiple Covenant Grunt lances, however there is a lone Brute leading a Grunt squad into battle.
- It is impossible to beat the level before the 20 minute mark when Serina announces the arrival of Team Omega. Even if the player destroys the Covenant base, enemy reinforcements will continue to be sent through the highway tunnel until the Spartans arrive. Destroying the base before then may cause the level's closing dialogue to play out of order.
|Halo Wars Campaign Missions
| Succeeded by|
Dome of Light