Quan Ah was a shrewd, audacious girl from the Outer Colonies who lived during the Human-Covenant War. At the age of sixteen she met the Spartan-II John-117, a meeting which came at a fateful time for them both.
Behind the scenes
- "So excited to finally share this news! Let the journey... Begin!"
- — Yerin Ha reacts to news breaking regarding her casting.
Quan Ah's existence was first unveiled by Showtime on April 17, 2019. In the television series the network is airing she will be played by Korean-Australian actress Yerin Ha. Ha was discovered during a worldwide casting search and is known for her stage work in Australia. Casting notices for the show obtained by The Hollywood Reporter and publicized on November 1, 2018 had mentioned a character named Jenny who was reportedly to be played by a woman of Asian descent between the ages of eighteen and twenty years old. The possibility exists that "Jenny" was a code name or working name for Quan Ah. Additionally, a press release put out by Showtime on August 2, 2019 named the character as "Kwan Ha" rather than Quan Ah. "Quan" and "Kwan" are both variations of the same Chinese surname.
List of appearances
- Halo: The Television Series (First appearance)
- The Hollywood Reporter - Pablo Schreiber to Play Master Chief in Showtime's 'Halo' Live-Action Series
- Kotaku - Showtime Announces Live-Action Halo Series, Airs Early 2019
- Yerin Ha on Facebook 
- Yerin Ha lands a breakthrough role in Spielberg-produced series
- The Daily Telegraph (Sydney) - Young Stars Set to Fly
- The Hollywood Reporter - Showtime's 'Halo' Series Will Feature Master Chief
- Tumblr - Natascha McElhone, Bokeem Woodbine, Shabana Azmi, Bentley Kalu, Natasha Culzac and Kate Kennedy join the cast of Halo!
- Ancestry - Quan Family History
- The Sydney Morning Herald - Breaking Stereotypes: Most Diverse Cast for STC's Lord of the Flies