Quan Ah was a shrewd, audacious girl from the Outer Colonies who lived during the Human-Covenant War. At the age of sixteen she met the Spartan-II John-117, a meeting which came at a fateful time for them both.
Behind the scenes
Quan Ah's existence was first unveiled by Showtime on April 17, 2019. In the television series the network is airing she will be played by relatively new Korean-Australian actress Yerin Ha. Ha was discovered during a worldwide casting search and is known for her stage work in Australia. Casting notices for the show obtained by The Hollywood Reporter and publicized on November 1, 2018 had mentioned a character named Jenny who was reportedly to be played by a woman of Asian descent between the ages of eighteen and twenty years old. The possibility exists that "Jenny" was a code name or working name for Quan Ah. "Quan" is a Chinese surname.
Yerin Ha has performed in the theater productions Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown, Colby Sisters, The Changeling, and Caucasian Chalk Circle.
List of appearances
- Halo: The Television Series (First appearance)
- The Hollywood Reporter - Pablo Schreiber to Play Master Chief in Showtime's 'Halo' Live-Action Series
- Kotaku - Showtime Announces Live-Action Halo Series, Airs Early 2019
- Yerin Ha lands a breakthrough role in Spielberg-produced series
- The Hollywood Reporter - Showtime's 'Halo' Series Will Feature Master Chief
- Ancestry - Quan Family History