From the Deep
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
|From the Deep|
Halopedia doesn't currently have a walkthrough for this level. Could you write one?
CORE / FORERUNNER TREATMENT INSTALLATION
FROM THE DEEP
- Isabel: "Spirit of Fire to Alice One Three Zero, we have deactivated the Banished's portal network, are you in position?"
- Alice-130: "Isabel? I wasn't expecting to hear from you. Where's the captain?"
- Isabel: "The Spirit of Fire is under attack from the Banished carrier, so he's asked me to be your liaison while he deals with it. You've made quite an impression on the Banished down there, we're showing signs of massive troop movement your way. Can you hold out while we're dealing with this attack?
- Alice-130: "Don't worry, Isabel. I've got this one. Good to be working with you. Alice, out.
Defend the last portal controller against Banished invasion.
Set up defenses on the beachhead to intercept the enemy.
A large portal network can be seen while the view goes to Alice-130's base.
- Alice-130: "Alright, troops. Looks like the Banished want to put an end to our fun. The Captain is a little busy upstairs so we're on our own.
- Isabel: "Spartan! You have Banished incoming!"
Alice goes to the beachhead from her base taking Scorpion tanks and Cyclopes with her.
- Alice-130: "Already on it, Isabel! Push 'em back, troops!"
A Warthog and two Marines have just arrived at the beachhead and the UNSC defense force is engaging the Banished. A plasma bombardment destroys a Scorpion tank on the beachhead. Packs of Wraiths and Banshees arrive as Alice and her troops arrive at the beachhead.
With no time to waste, Alice joins the fight as the UNSC defense force tries to destroy Wraiths and Banshees from the beach. A Banished Spirit arrives, dropping infantry onto the battlefield. After a hard fight, the UNSC repels them with no casualties.
- Alice-130: "That was just the beginning, they'll be back soon. Where's that Nightingale we called for?"
A Nightingale arrives from the south.
- Nightingale: "Right here, sir. Someone need a patching up?"
- Alice-130: "Keep our Cyclops and Scorpions battle ready. We won't be able to hold this position without them."
The Nightingale arrives at the beach, immediately healing those who are injured.
- Alice-130: "We need to set up a defensive perimeter to hold them back. Let's get to work."
The UNSC defense force defending the beachhead is now under the player's command.
The UNSC starts to assemble its forces to set up a defensive perimeter on the beachhead.
- Alice-130: "We'll need some turrets for support. Get some built and upgrade them to anti-vehicle turrets."
The player starts to call turrets on the beachhead to strengthen the defenses.
- Isabel: "Alice, I recommend you to upgrade the turret with anti-vehicle weaponry."
The alarm sounds as the Banished start to make another wave of attack.
- Alice-130: "Here they come! Scorpion, wake up that gun!"
A Spirit lands and drops squads of infantry onto the beachhead. The UNSC immediately engages them. Just when they are finishing up, another wave of Spirits drops more infantry squads and extends the fight.
The third wave of Spirits lands to the beach, dropping two Ghosts and a Sangheili Ranger squad each. The UNSC quickly defeats them while the Nightingale tries to keep them alive.
Another wave comes in. Wraiths emerge from the sea and Spirits drop more squads of infantry.
If a Cyclops takes heavy damage.
- Alice-130: "Our Cyclops need repairs. Get 'em fixed!"
A new wave of attack arrives as Locusts emerge from the sea.
- Alice-130: "Keep those Locusts away from our base! Get some Cyclopes in there!"
More Locusts came out of the sea and the UNSC deploys Cyclopes to defeat them. A Banished Spirit arrives and drops infantry to aid the Locusts. The UNSC quickly aids the Cyclopes by deploying Hellbringers to help repel them.
The beachhead is secure for now but Banshees start attacking from northeast, the Wolverines are ready to intercept it. Once clear, the Spirits arrived again at the beachhead, dropping more infantry and Rangers onto the battlefield.
Multiple Locusts arrive from the seaboard and engage UNSC forces on the beachhead. The UNSC replies by sending in Cyclopes and Hornets to defeat them.
More Locusts start to arrive but this time they bring Wraiths along as well. The UNSC keep holding the line on the beach to ensure they won't break through the defensive perimeter.
After defeating a wave of Locust and Wraiths, the Banished start to deploy infantry from the east.
- Alice-130: "The ground troops are going to keep coming through the shallows. Let's make sure we have some Scorpions waiting to greet them."
More Locusts start coming in from the seaboard as Hellbringers are keeping the infantry off from the east side. While Locusts arrive at the beachhead, more infantry are coming from the north east, forcing the UNSC to split their forces into three.
Once the beachhead is cleared, more Spirits are inbound to the north east escorted by Banshees, dropping multiple Ghosts and additional Rangers, infantry and Ghosts also inbound from the east.
The UNSC repels them immediately, but the attack is not done yet as a new wave of Ghosts are inbound the from north east. Not done with repelling Ghosts, Spirits arrive along with Banshess, dropping more infantry.
The situation gets worse as the Banished start to launch their final wave from three directions. Locusts and Wraiths arrive from the seaboard along with Spirits that drops infantry on the beachhead. The north east also has Banshees and multiple infantry inbound while from the east, more infantry and Rangers are inbound. The UNSC quickly wipe out the threats on the beachhead before moving to other defensive lines to annihilate them. They finally finish all the incoming Banished.
- Isabel: "That's it, Alice, they've stopped! Wait...no, there's something else, and it's very big..."
A Scarab arrives through the seaboard coming in to the beachhead.
- Isabel: "It's a Scarab! They're sending in a Scarab!"
- Alice-130: "You heard Isabel, get ready, we're going to have our work cut out for us with this one!"
UNSC forces quickly assemble their forces and engages Scarab before it reaches their base.
- Alice-130: Keep hitting that Scarab! If we don't break it, it's over for us!
After a tough fight, the Scarab is finally destroyed with minimal casualties.
- Alice-130: "Isabel, Scarab is down. Repeat, Scarab is down.
- Isabel: "I'm impressed! Is that it? Are there more incoming?"
- Alice-130: "Negative, Isabel, looks like they've given up."
- Isabel: "It doesn't look that way from here on the bridge. We're still under attack from the Banished carrier."
The beachhead is finally secured and Isabel wants her to keep operating the base to guard the portal network.
- Isabel: "The Captain recommends you to keep a small base there to guard the portal, but be ready to move out. I think we're going to need your help down there again very soon. Isabel, out."
- Restoration Drones I and II (I picked by default)
- Archer Missiles I and II (I picked by default)
- ODST Drop (Picked by default)
- Battle Hardened I
- Turret Drop I
- Lotus Mine I and II (I picked by default)
Initial Structures and Units
- Alice's Team
- 1 Marine
- 1 Cyclops
- 1 Scorpion
- 7 Watchtowers
- Command Center
- 1 Supply Pad
- 1 Generator
- 2-slot Minibase
- 1 Garage
- 2-slot Minibase
- 1 Barracks
- Beach Defense Force (Given after 1st wave is cleared)
- 8 Marines
- 1 Wolverine
- 4 Warthogs
- 1 Cyclops
- 1 Scorpion (Destroyed)
- Capture the two Power Nodes at mission start. The northern one even has a garrisoned marine squad nearby. The southern one also has some Power resources nearby.
- The Banished sends the same type of units to the three fronts.
- They will send Locusts, Wraiths, and some infantry to the southern beachhead. Counter with Cyclopes, Scorpions, and Hornets. Cyclopes can be garrisoned if needed. Keep Alice in this area as she is the only unit that hijacks a Locust to complete the bonus objective. Station three Nightingales in this area.
- They will send Banshee, Ghosts, and some infantry to the western beachhead. Counter with Wolverines supported by Marines squads and have two Nightingales standing by.
- They will only send infantry to the shallows at the north. However, these will be a mix of Grunt squads and Sangheili Rangers. Counter with Scorpions and have two Nightingales standing by.
- Note that the Banished will send infantry to all three fronts. Have two or three Warthogs move around each front to reinforce the defenses already there.
- Always have Marines garrisoned or else the Banished can send their own infantries to the garrisons, giving them defense bonuses.
- Keep in mind that Locusts have longer attack ranges than most units. You may need to command Alice and your Cyclopes to attack the Locusts, because they may be out of range when they attack your units, regardless of whether they're garrisoned or not.
- Deploy Lotus Mines at the northern shallows (the non-beachhead) area to buy more time for your main force on the beachhead before moving to reinforce the shallows area.
- Split your forces wisely, it will keep your defense airtight if you know how to repel them well. Deploy at least one Nightingale on each side to heal the defenses.
- Learn to anticipate the attack patterns, then you can set defenses at each location to match the attacking forces.
- Remember, the Nightingale's Defensive Smoke ability will prevent any unit caught in the smokescreen from attacking momentarily. This can be useful against the Scarab.
Bonus and Optional Objectives
- Immediately build two Turrets on the southern beachhead and upgrade them into anti-vehicle turrets.
- Since Scorpions are highly effective against infantry, send two to hold the shallows to the north. The Banished will only send infantry to this area.
- Have Alice immediately hijack the Locusts once it appears for the first time.
- This is the first level in which the player will encounter the Barukaza Workshop Scarab, a Banished Super Unit.
|Halo Wars 2 campaign levels
From the Deep
Hold the Line