From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Spirits are uniquely identified by their distinctive tuning fork shape. Each "arm" is a troop deployment pod capable of hosting a number of soldiers, while the main cockpit is located at the rear of the ship, and a heavy plasma cannon is mounted below. The space between the two troop bays can be use to carry vehicles and other equipment. Some Spirits are equipped with gravity lifts to deploy troops without risking opening their troop bays.
- Dextro Xur-pattern Spirit – A variant commonly employed by the Covenant, notably during the Fall of Reach and Battle of Installation 04.
- Mokol'ta-pattern Spirit – A variant of Covenant dropship nicknamed the "Super Spirit" for its resemblance to the Spirit. The Super Spirit has three prows, as opposed to the usual two.
- Nuro'k Xur-pattern Spirit – A post-war variant fielded by the Swords of Sanghelios and Jul 'Mdama's Covenant. This variant has a distinctly more organic aesthetic.
- Taaku Xur-pattern Spirit – Another variant fielded by the Covenant. This variant is equipped with a gravity lift that leads into the cockpit directly.
- Eklon'dal Workshop Spirit - A modified Spirit employed by the Banished. This variant has alterations to its gravity lifts, allowing it to transport entire prefabricated buildings to the battlefield without issue.
Non-canon and dubious canon appearances
- Main article: Silver Timeline
Spirit dropships are used by the Covenant against humanity.
List of appearances