From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
|M319 Individual Grenade Launcher|
- "Professional problem solvers demand proximity fusing and dynamic ballistics. Improved Grenade Launcher rounds adjust trajectory after ricochets to maximize lethality. EMP alt-fire is retained."
- — Pro Pipe REQ description.
- Main article: M319 grenade launcher
The Pro Pipe is identical in most respects to the standard M319 launcher, with its most obvious visual deviation being a blue-white striped paint coating across the weapon. The weapon is equipped with a laser targeter that allows the rounds to adjust their trajectory after firing to improve accuracy, similarly to the behaviour of the Forerunner Z-180 Scattershot.
Halo 5: Guardians
The Pro Pipe was introduced into Halo 5: Guardians in the Monitor's Bounty update alongside the standard grenade launcher. It is useable in-game as a Rare REQ variant of the standard launcher that can be used in Warzone at energy, or sold for 100.
The Pro Pipe was not the only Grenade Launcher REQ variant to be developed for inclusion in Halo 5: Guardians' Monitor's Bounty update; an unused variant of the launcher known as the "Grenade Launcher CLUSTER" was kept within the game files. While viewable in Halo 5: Forge via modding, it is unusable in the game itself.
As with the standard grenade launcher, the launcher's projectiles explode upon impact with an enemy - a behaviour inherited from the launcher's mechanics in Halo: Spartan Assault and Halo: Spartan Strike.
The name "Pro Pipe" is a reference to a common online slang term for a grenade launcher.
List of appearances
- Halo: Reach, Grenade Launcher in-game weapon
- Halo: The Essential Visual Guide, page 84
- Halo Waypoint, Grenade Launcher (Retrieved on Apr 26, 2011) [local archive] [external archive]
- Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition), page 178
- Halo Encyclopedia (2011 edition), page 329
- Bungie.net, Halo: Reach ordnance - Grenade Launcher (Retrieved on Oct 13, 2014) [archive]
- Halo 5: Guardians, Grenade Launcher in-game weapon
- Halo 5: Guardians, REQ card: Pro Pipe "Professional problem solvers demand proximity fusing and dynamic ballistics. Improved Grenade Launcher rounds adjust trajectory after ricochets to maximize lethality. EMP alt-fire is retained."
- Halo Waypoint, Cannon Fodder - Bounty Hunters (Retrieved on Jul 9, 2021) [archive]
- Halo Waypoint, Monitor's Bounty (Retrieved on Jan 25, 2018) [archive]
- YouTube - Gamecheat13, Halo 5 REQ Leaks - ONI Wasp, Grenade Launcher Variants, and Scopes