From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Surface-to-surface rocket launcher
53.8 inches (137 cm)
2-rocket disposable tube assembly
The M41B Surface-to-Surface Rocket Medium Anti-Vehicle / Assault Weapon (M41B SSR MAV/AW or M41B SPNKr) is a variant of the M41 SPNKr and a heavy ordnance weapon used by the United Nations Space Command. It is manufactured by Misriah Armory.
- Main article: M41 SPNKr
The M41B SPNKr is a variant of the standard M41 SPNKr. Unlike other variants of the M41, the M41B lacks a smart-linked sight and a trigger guard; it possesses a pistol grip in place of an ergonomic thumbhole stock, resulting in a more skeletal overall appearance. However, the M41B features a 2× magnification optics sight, allowing users to fire rockets over long distances without relying on the use of smart-linking.
- Main article: Rocket Launcher
The M41B SPNKr is featured in Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST. In each of these games, it is a usable weapon known as the Rocket Launcher. It is a power weapon, which fires slow-moving rockets that deal an incredible amount of damage upon detonation, with a wide area of effect. The Rocket Launcher is one of the most powerful weapons in the game, and to compensate, it has a small magazine size, slow reload speed and ammo is generally very rare.
|Browse more images in this article's gallery page.|
- The weapon was identified as the M19 SSM rocket launcher in the game manuals of Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2 as well as in the Art of Halo 3. It was also referred to in Halo: Ghosts of Onyx as the M19 missile launcher. It was established in Halo: The Essential Visual Guide that M19 SSM refers to the rocket ammunition while the launcher itself is designated as the M41. The 2022 edition of the Halo Encyclopedia further expanded on the designation, giving the M41B designation to the variant first introduced in Halo: Combat Evolved.
- On the last level of Halo 3: ODST there are four rocket launchers with 1000 rockets each for use in Vidmaster Challenge: Deja Vu. These only appear on the Legendary difficulty when the Iron Skull is activated. If any player boards a Warthog, these rocket launchers will not spawn. These rocket launchers hold a tag separated from the the regular rocket launchers, as they can be picked up even when the player has a rocket launcher holstered as their second weapon, though the two weapons will not share the ammo reserve.
Halo: Combat Evolved
John-117 using an M41B SPNKr against a Banshee on Installation 04.
John-117 using an M41B SPNKr against a Zurdo-pattern Wraith on Installation 04.
First-person view of the M41B on High Ground.
A CQB-clad Spartan wielding the M41B.
Models of the M41B as it appears in Halo Wars' cinematics.
List of appearances
- Halo: The Fall of Reach (First appearance)
- Halo: Combat Evolved
- Halo: The Flood
- Halo: First Strike
- Halo 2
- Halo: Ghosts of Onyx
- Halo: Landfall
- Halo: Uprising
- Halo 3
- Halo: Helljumper
- Halo 3: ODST
- Halo Wars
- Halo Legends
- ^ a b c Halo: The Essential Visual Guide, page 156
- ^ a b c d e f g Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition), page 176
- ^ Halo Encyclopedia (2009 edition), page 314
- ^ Halo Encyclopedia (2011 edition), page 328
- ^ Halo Waypoint, Universe: Rocket Launcher (Retrieved on Apr 13, 2016) [archive]
- ^ Halo: The Essential Visual Guide, page 156