From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
|There is more information available on this subject at Frigate on the English Wikipedia.|
In the UNSC Navy, frigates form the backbone of any fleet or battle group, while cruisers appear to fill a similar role within the Covenant. As their most ubiquitous warship, the UNSC uses frigates in a broad range of roles, ranging from heavy air support to fighter escort and fleet engagements. Some UNSC frigates are equipped with a sizable cargo bay for larger dropships and armor complements. The UNSC has also employed light frigates equipped with stealth systems in a specialized reconnaissance role. Covenant frigates are not as commonly seen as their UNSC counterparts, but one of their roles appears to be escorting larger ships such as destroyers or carriers.
- Main article: UNSC frigate
- Charon-class light frigate - A lightly armed and armored variant; able to carry a large complement.
UNSC Aegis Fate, a Charon-class frigate
- Stalwart-class light frigate - A variant that balances troop transportation and designed with planetary defense in mind.
UNSC In Amber Clad, a Stalwart-class frigate
- Mulsanne-class light frigate - A frigate armed with a Brightlance reflex laser in addition to conventional weapons.
- Main article: Covenant frigate
- Main article: Frigate (gameplay)
A number of frigates appear in several Halo games. Frigates are also units available to use in the table top game Halo: Fleet Battles.