This article is about a starship class. For the Firefight map, see Corvette (map)
A corvette is a type of warship in both the UNSC and Covenant navies. Corvettes are generally small, maneuverable and lightly armed. A corvette is usually smaller than a frigate, making it the smallest warship type within a fleet.
As with most ship types, corvettes' sizes and the specific roles they fill within a fleet vary between factions. For example, UNSC corvettes are small patrol vessels that carry no fighter complements, only accommodating a hangar large enough to fit a SKT-13 Shuttlecraft, while Covenant corvettes are larger than a UNSC frigate and carry large complements of warriors and entire fighter squadrons. In combat, a single Covenant corvette has shown to be a match for a UNSC frigate. While UNSC corvettes mostly appear to serve in patrol or scouting duties, the Covenant use their counterparts for heavy air support in ground assaults during planetary siege operations.
- Main article: UNSC corvette
- Main article: Covenant corvette
- ^ Halo: Contact Harvest, p. 63-64
- ^ Halo: Reach, campaign level, Long Night of Solace
- ^ Halo: Reach, campaign level, Exodus
- ^ Halo Encyclopedia (2009 edition), p. 259 (2011 edition)
- ^ Halo: Warfleet, Defences, p. 19
- ^ Halo Mythos, p. 154-155
- ^ Halo Waypoint: Universe - Covenant Corvette
- ^ Halo: Silent Storm
- ^ Halo Mythos, p. 194