|There is more information available on this subject at Corvette on the English Wikipedia.|
A corvette is a type of warship in both the UNSC and Covenant navies. Corvettes are generally small, maneuverable and lightly armed. A corvette is usually smaller than a frigate, making it the smallest warship type within a fleet.
As with most ship types, corvettes' sizes and the specific roles they fill within a fleet vary between factions. For example, UNSC corvettes are small patrol vessels that carry no fighter complements, only accommodating a hangar large enough to fit a SKT-13 Shuttlecraft, while Covenant corvettes are larger than a UNSC frigate and carry large complements of warriors and entire fighter squadrons. In combat, a single Covenant corvette has shown to be a match for a UNSC frigate. While UNSC corvettes mostly appear to serve in patrol or scouting duties, the Covenant use their counterparts for heavy air support in ground assaults during planetary siege operations.
- Main article: UNSC corvette
- Mako-class corvette - A small, decommissioned corvette classification.
- Gladius-class heavy corvette - A corvette type that excelled in interdiction, patrol, and security.
- Main article: Covenant corvette
- Hekar Taa-pattern Blockade Runner - An ancient Sangheili craft that has been described as a corvette.