HRUNTING/YGGDRASIL Mark II [J] Colossus
Armor defense system
- "If it's on the ground I'll take it out."
- — A Colossus pilot during the Banished occupation of Installation 00.
The HRUNTING/YGGDRASIL Mark II [J] Armor Defense System, colloquially known as the Colossus, is a powered exoskeleton used by the UNSC Army, and the crew of the UNSC Spirit of Fire during the Second Ark Conflict in 2559.
The Colossus is a next-generation exoskeleton combat unit designed by Materials Group and Hannibal Weapon Systems for the UNSC Army. It is relatively slow, but fitted with a devastating arsenal, capable of taking down almost any foe. The Colossus is a successor to an older exoskeleton in the same line, the HRUNTING/YGGDRASIL Mark II [D] Armor Defence System.
The Colossus' primary weapon is a long-range heavy railgun, a massive weapon originally designed for installation on fortified structures. While the rail cannon can only target ground units, its autocannon has an all—environment engagement profile. After upgrades, the Colossus can use Stomp, sending out a shockwave that stuns and damages enemy ground units.
- "I have a wonderful lack of guilt."
- — A Colossus pilot after killing Banished forces on Installation 00.
Isabel retains its manufacturing templates from her supply-chain training on Earth, though manufacturing these massive combat machines represented a considerable burden on the UNSC Spirit of Fire's supplies. By May 2559, at least one Colossus was used by Sunray 1-1 during Operation: SPEARBREAKER in their efforts to halt Colony's plan.
Sergeant Johnson claims to have acquired the materials for his Colossus units via the classic Marine Corps logistical expediency of 'borrowing' equipment that isn't nailed down [or couldn't be pried free], but his actual source for these machines is a mystery wrapped in an enigma, protected by shield generators and several tons of Titanium—A armor plating.
Halo Wars 2
- Info: Heavy Mech, Powerful long range heavy unit, Autocannons attack all targets, Heavy Railgun attacks ground targets form huge distances
- Tier: 3
- Cost: Population 9, Supplies 750, Power 120
Colossus Upgrade: Stomp
- Info: New ability, Unlocks Stomp Ability, Sends out a shockwave that stuns and damages enemy ground units.
- Tier: 3
- Cost: Supplies 0, Power 900
Colossus drop (Only avaiable in Operation: SPEARBREAKER)
- Info: Heavy Mech, Powerful long range heavy unit, Autocannons attack all targets, Heavy Railgun attacks ground targets form huge distances, can stomp the ground nearby to devastating effect. Only one unit deployed at a time.
- Tier: 0
- Cost: Population 0, Supplies 800, Power 200
In Halo Wars 2, Colossi can be built at the UNSC Garage by Avery Johnson in place of M808S Scorpions. Un-upgraded Colossi are effective against vehicles, okay against infantry and structures, and do poorly against aircraft. Once upgraded with the Stomp ability, the Colossus will perform well against infantry. In Blitz, they cost 140 energy. On Operation: SPEARBREAKER, a Colossus can be requested within personnel drop zones free of population cost, but it can only be deployed one at the time, while the deployment time takes at least 5 seconds upon request, faster than standard Colossus. It is also already upgraded with stomp, to shut down the recharging network on the Forerunner ship.
|Browse more images in this article's gallery page.|
Ingame model of the Colossus in Halo Wars 2.
List of appearances