Four fusion cores
CMA Heracles was a UNSC-built Hillsborough-class destroyer in service with the Colonial Military Administration. Heracles was commanded by Captain Maribeau Veredi and the destroyer served as the lead ship of Battle Group 4.
Investigation of Harvest
On February 3, 2525, contact was lost with the Unified Earth Government Outer Colony of Harvest, in the Epsilon Indi system. In response, the Colonial Military Administration sent the scout ship Argo to investigate. The scout ship arrived in the system on April 20, 2525, but transmissions from Argo ended shortly after. As the issue became more serious, UNSC Fleet Command and the CMA sent Battle Group 4—consisting of Heracles, along with Arabia and Vostok—into the Epsilon Indi system to discover why the Colonial Administration Authority had lost contact with Harvest.
Heracles and the rest of Battle Group 4 arriving in the system on October 7, 2525. Upon traveling to Harvest, the crew of the destroyer discovered that the planet's once-verdant surface had been destroyed and that Argo was missing. While at Harvest, Heracles recovered a RQ-XII drone left behind eight months earlier by UNSC Walk of Shame, the sloop of Jilan al-Cygni—an Office of Naval Intelligence operative. The battle group soon detected a Covenant super-destroyer in orbit over the planet. Following protocol, Heracles attempted to initiate communications with the ship. The super-destroyer responded by broadcasting the message: "Your destruction is the will of the gods, and we are their instrument", and then opened fire. After a brief exchange of fire that lasted less than fourteen seconds, Arabia and Vostok were destroyed and Heracles was forced to retreat. Due to the extensive damage it had taken during the skirmish, Heracles took several weeks to return to Reach in the Epsilon Eridani system. While the ship was repaired at Reach, the sensors logs of Heracles were analyzed to give Central Command some knowledge on their new enemy. Battle Group 4's contact with the super-destroyer eventually led to the Battle of Harvest, which resulted in a Pyrrhic UNSC victory and the destruction of the Covenant ship.
The Heracles and Battle Group 4 orbit a glassed Harvest, shortly before the fleet's near-destruction.
List of appearances
- Halo: The Fall of Reach (First mentioned)
- Halo: Contact Harvest (Mentioned only)
- Halo Wars: Genesis (First appearance)
- Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe
- The Impossible Life and the Possible Death of Preston J. Cole (Mentioned only)
- Halo: Fall of Reach
- Halo: The Fall of Reach - The Animated Series
- Halo: Ground Command (Mentioned only)
- Halo Mythos (Mentioned only)
- Halo: Silent Storm (Mentioned only)
- ^ Halo Waypoint: Canon Fodder - Have S'moa
- ^ Halo Wars: Genesis
- ^ Halo: The Fall of Reach - The Animated Series
- ^ Halo: The Fall of Reach, page 119 (2010)
- ^ a b c Halo Encyclopedia, page 270 (2011)
- ^ a b c d e Halo: Evolutions, "The Impossible Life and the Possible Death of Preston J. Cole", page 459
- ^ Halo Encyclopedia, page 67
- ^ a b c d e Halo: The Fall of Reach, pages 96-99
- ^ Halo: Contact Harvest, page 391
- ^ Official Halo Wars Community Site: Timeline