Moa statue (Halo 3: ODST)
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Moa statues are a collectible available in the campaign of Halo 3: ODST. The statues were added to ODST's campaign in the Series 9 December update for Halo: The Master Chief Collection, and is not present in the original Xbox 360 edition of the game.
Several moa statues can be found in each level on any difficulty and take the form of a small golden Moa. Upon being discovered, the statues can be destroyed, with the weekly challenge Eye Spy requiring the destruction of three such Moa for completion. Three levels are chosen to spawn Moa within each week (observable on the challenge itself), with each level getting three statues chosen, meaning they are not all consistently placed all the time. As such, this page lists all potential statue locations. Statues marked as (Broken) spawn every week and don't count towards the challenge, even when the challenge selects the level the statues are placed on.
There are a grand total of 29 Moa Statues found in ODST.
Tayari Plaza has seven Moa Statues, which can be found in the following locations:
- When you start the level, head to the right of the destroyed truck.
- After the first encounter, go left behind the covenant antenna and to the left of the dumpster in the corner.
- When you encounter the pack of Brutes, the Moa Statue is on the second floor above the health pack.
- Where you find the dead Elites, follow the bridge going right after going up and head to the left corner down below.
- At the next encounter where there's Jackals, go to the left of the first truck carrying crates and check the left corner in the small fern garden.
- The next Moa Statue is just to the right of the previous one by the locked door.
- When you approach the sniper tower, turn right at the destroyed but and look up one of the stone pillars.
Uplift Reserve has eight Moa Statues, which can be found in the following locations:
- As soon as you start the level, check behind your drop pod.
- When you start to enter the firefight in the first area, go to the right behind the rocks.
- Stick to the left side of the rocks in the center of the first area behind dead palm trees.
- Check behind where the Wraith attacks you between the water fountain and the trash can.
- On the right side of the central rock, check just past the small jump.
- When you get to the section where there's Shade Turrets on the ledge, don't go up the ramp, stay to the left of it until you get to the water and check the dead tree.
- Going up the ramp, proceed normally then go left into a room with cages in it.
- After you cross the bridge and go up the hill a bit, stop at the small building before the covenant structure and check behind it.
Kizingo Boulevard has two Moa Statues, which can be found in the following locations:
- As soon as the level starts, go sharp right and look behind the left side of the bridge above.
- After you get the Scorpion, move on through until you see the first covenant sniper tower. Check behind it in the rubble.
ONI Alpha Site
ONI Alpha Site has only one Moa Statue, which can be found in this location:
- When the level starts, move towards the Covenant and go to the right by the benches.
NMPD HQ has only one Moa Statue, which can be found in this location:
- Just after you kill the Brute War Chieftain, go down behind the escalator. This is just before you cross the large beam to get to the downed Pelican.
Kikowani Station has two Moa Statues, which can be found in the following locations:
- When the level starts, immediately go right and check the right of the barricade and crates.
- When you start your first encounter, check in front of the downed trains.
Data Hive has three Moa Statues, which can be found in the following locations:
- When the level starts, turn around and check the left corner behind the elevator.
- When you get to the second room with the unaware/sleeping Grunts, check near the ceiling where a dead grunt and a dead NMPD officer is.
- At the end of that room, check the right corner behind a crate.
Coastal Highway has five Moa Statues, which can be found in the following locations:
- Just before the first encounter, check to the right behind the small building.
- Also before the first encounter, check the building to the left in the corner where it's lit red.
- When you start the first encounter, go sharp right and check the right side where the piles of trash are.
- After the first encounter, check to the right on the boardwalk.
- After the first encounter, just before you go back inside to go up the elevator, check the left side of the door.
- ^ Halo Waypoint, Halo: MCC December 2022 Update (Retrieved on Jan 21, 2023) [archive]
- ^ YouTube - Halo, Seasonal Sitrep: MCC Season 8, Mythic