From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
|There is more information available on this subject at Kenya on the English Wikipedia.|
|Republic of Kenya|
The Mombasa Tether in ruins across the Kenyan savanna.
Circa 97,445 BCE, the Forerunners built a slipspace portal leading to Installation 00 outside of the Milky Way galaxy, in what would later become Kenya. Around the same time, a human elder known as N'chala and his tribe lived nearby, observing the Portal's construction.
Due to economic stability and location, Mombasa was chosen to host Earth's first space elevator and construction began in 2302. By 2430, nearly a 74km radius around the city became known as "Old Mombasa".
On October 20, 2552, the Covenant's Prophet of Regret attacked the city of Mombasa. UNSC In Amber Clad and numerous other UNSC forces attempted to stall the Covenant there. In the end, the Prophet escaped by slipspace in the city causing damage and the eventual destruction of the space tether.
- This section needs expansion. You can help Halopedia by .
- Main article: Invasion of Earth
- Checkpoint 4
- Checkpoint 8
- Voi Municipal Water Pump House 03
- Tsavo Highway
- The Portal
- Crow's Nest
- Outpost C9
List of appearances
- Halo 2 (First appearance)
- Halo Graphic Novel
- Halo 3
- Halo 3: ODST
- Halo Legends
- Halo: Reach
- Halo: Glasslands
- Halo: Spartan Assault
- Halo 2: Anniversary
- Halo: Hunters in the Dark
- Halo Mythos
- Halo: Renegades
- Halo Waypoint, Universe - New Mombasa (Retrieved on Jun 1, 2020) [archive]
- Halo Encyclopedia (2009 edition), Earth, p. 284-285, (2009); p. 296-297 (2011 edition)
- Halo 2, campaign level Outskirts
- Halo 3: ODST, campaign level Uplift Reserve
- Halo 3, campaign level Floodgate
- Halo 3, campaign level The Ark
- Halo 3: The Cradle of Life
- Halo Mythos: A Guide to the Story of Halo, End of the War, p. 117
- Bungie.net, Field Guide entry: New Mombasa (Retrieved on Jun 1, 2020) [archive]