From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Universe and lore
- Main article: F-41 Broadsword
The F-41 Broadsword is a Misriah Armory designed space fighter. It had been in production since the mid-2530s, but only gained widespread use in the late Human-Covenant War. It was present for the Battle for Tribute, the UNSC Infinity's commissioning, and was prominently used by John-117 during the New Phoenix Incident in 2557. It would continue in service all the way to The Reclamation in 2558.
The Broadsword acts as the stereotypical, fast moving space fighter craft.
There are a few counterparts to the Broadsword. In Halo: Reach, the Seraph and Space Banshee fill very similar roles on the Covenant side, while the Sabre is analogous to the Broadsword in that game. The Sabre and Seraph are usable vehicles that operate almost the same.
- Main article: First-person shooter
The Broadsword is piloted in third-person with a unique Heads-up display. Weapon choice, amount of boost, and current shields are shown.
Unusable Broadswords are background details in the Halo 4 map Landfall.
- Main article: Forge Objects in Halo 4/Vehicles
When Halo 4 was added to PC in Series 4: Reclaimer of Halo: The Master Chief Collection the Broadsword was able to be used in Forge on certain maps. It can be found in the "Vehicles (MCC)" category on the maps Forge Island, Erosion, Ravine and Impact.
- High damaging. Its weapons can destroy other vehicles and infantry quickly and effectively.
- The Broadsword can only accelerate. This means it cannot stop and land anywhere at any point. It is only stopped when placed in Forge or scripted campaign sequences.
Halo: Fleet Battles
UNSC Broadsword Interceptor Flight (+Sabre)
- Flight slots: 1 (2)
- Movement: 16" (16")
- Damage track: 2 (3)
- Systems loadout: None
- Weapons: vs. wing targets
- Range: Contact
- Dice: 2 (3)
List of appearances
- Halo 4 (First appearance)
- Spartan Ops (Unusable)
- Halo: Fleet Battles
- Halo 5: Guardians (Pre-rendered cutscene only)