Surakan Militia Volunteers
|Surakan Militia Volunteers|
- "The Sangheili aren't our friends. You'd know that if you lived in the Outer Colonies before coming here. You'd have seen what they did. They think this is their world. They'll find out who it really belongs to soon enough."
- — A militia man to Dahlia, in response to her outcry over the killing of Jat.
- Main article: Battle of Carrow
- "Live one!"
- — A militia man immediately before he kills Jat.
The present Carrow militia formed around the recolonization of Suraka on Carrow after the end of the Human-Covenant War. In July of 2558, the militia was spurred to action in order to save a teenage girl, Dahlia, from being killed by Sangheili fighters loyal to Thars. Dahlia and two traders, Greta and Paul des Hommes, had been imprisoned by at Masov Oasis until they were rescued by another Sangheili, Jat. The traders called for help from the militia from a trading depot and were picked up in the desert. It was only then that smoke from an ongoing battle was sighted and the Pelican carrying them made haste toward the location where Dahlia and Jat were under attack. The Carrow militia killed all Sangheili present, including Jat, much to Dahlia's dismay. Afterwards, they delivered her safely home to Sandholm with desperately-needed antiviral medication for her and others in the village. Dahlia was permitted to keep a militia rifle with which she could defend Sandholm should the need arise. She also learned from the militia that an envoy from the Unified Earth Government was being sent to see if peace between the humans and Sangheili on the planet could be salvaged.
Equipment and personnel
- "We may be traders, but we also feed information back to the Carrow militia; keep an eye on the ground for them."
- — Greta to Dahlia.
Fighters in the Carrow militia dress in beige uniforms. Known specializations include infantrymen, pilots, and medics. The militia has in its possession several older UNSC weapons and vehicles donated by the New Colonial Alliance and possibly Sapien Sunrise. Small arms in the militia included battle rifles, MA37 assault rifles, M392 DMRs, and SRS99-S5 AM sniper rifles. Ground vehicles and aircraft included M121 Jackrabbits, M12 Warthog LRVs, M12A1 Warthogs, M12G1 Gauss Warthogs, M400 Kodiaks, at least one Elephant, F99 Wombats, AV-22 Sparrowhawks, armed EV-44 Nightingales, and Pelicans. Traders that have been known to do business with the Sangheili at Masov Oasis are used as informants that report back to the militia any suspicious activity on the part of the aliens.
List of appearances
- ^ a b c d Halo: Fractures: Oasis, page 390
- ^ Halo: Envoy, page 25
- ^ a b Halo: Fractures, Oasis
- ^ a b Halo: Fractures, Oasis, page 389
- ^ Halo: Envoy, page 260
- ^ Halo: Envoy, page 259
- ^ Halo: Envoy, page 258
- ^ Halo: Envoy, page 329
- ^ Halo: Envoy, page 240
- ^ Halo: Envoy, page 295
- ^ Halo: Envoy, page 216
- ^ Halo: Envoy, page 295
- ^ Halo: Envoy, page 191
- ^ Halo: Envoy, page 257