GAU-53 70mm rotary cannon
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
|GAU-53 70mm medium-bore heavy rotary cannon|
A GAU-53 rotary cannon (left) mounted on the nose of a G79H-TC Pelican gunship, alongside an M8C Grindell/Galilean Nonlinear Cannon (right).
The GAU/53 is a triple-barrelled rotary cannon, capable of firing a fully-automatic barrage of 70mm ammunition.
Two of these autocannons are mounted below the nose of the D79-TC Pelican and its gunship variant, alongside the D81WP Condor. However, unlike the standard class, the Pelican gunship variant is only armed with one mounted autocannon. The autocannons are mounted on a gimble on the Pelicans to allow them to rotate with ease.
The autocannons gunning down an Unggoy Storm.
List of appearances
- Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide, chapter Vehicles, page 112-113
- Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide, page 229
- Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition), page 149
- Halo 4, G79H-TC Pelican in-game unit
- Halo Waypoint, Halo 4 Interactive Guide - Vehicles: Pelican (Retrieved on May 1, 2013) [local archive] [external archive]
- Halo Waypoint, Pelican (Retrieved on Jun 30, 2021) [archive]
- Halo Waypoint, Condor (Retrieved on Jun 30, 2021) [archive]
- Halo Waypoint, Halo 4 Weapon and Vehicle Renders (Retrieved on Jul 20, 2014)