Template talk:UNSC heavy weapons
Merge fighter autocannons
The Shortsword, Broadsword, Longsword, and Sabre all use the same general type of autocannon. The M955 ASW/AC 30mm MLA, M1075 ASW/AC 35mm MLA, M9109 ASW/AC 50mm MLA, and the M1024 ASW/AC 30mm MLA respectively. Other than the model and calibre, they are essentially the same. Merging the four would allow them to be easily grouped and prevent four small pages. NightHammer (talk) 19:56, 14 April 2014 (EDT)
- I agree. A single article with a section for each model would prevent needless clutter.
I seem to recall "MLA" being defined fairly recently (perhaps in the Halo 4 EVG); I'll see if I can find that source.If not,I think "MLA autocannon" would be a good catch-all title. --Our vengeance is at hand. (Talk to me.) 20:12, 14 April 2014 (EDT)
- Funny, it seems to mean two things - the Encyclopedia defines it as "magnetic linear accelerator" when discussing the point-defense guns. Though "machine-linked autocannon" does sound more fitting in this context. --Jugus (Talk | Contribs) 23:44, 14 April 2014 (EDT)
I have a suggestion. That while yes we keep the following templates separate.
- Template:UNSC sidearms
- Template:UNSC rifles
- Template:UNSC ordnance]]
- Template:UNSC support weapons
I suggest we make a mega template for them like the Halo Level and Armor.
I also want to suggest we split up the Covenant weapon template, and put the split parts in a similar mega template for them, for easier editing in the future. - CIA391 (talk) 13:47, 22 March 2016 (EDT)
- That would kind of the defeat the purpose of individual templates if they were all together. The armor and levels ones are just dividing them among games but still providing access to other games. As for the Covenant weapon template, I'm not certain if we know enough Covenant weapons to divide it, but if we do then go ahead. --NightHammer(talk)(contribs) 18:30, 22 March 2016 (EDT)
- I'm not against a template like that, it would be easier to jump from a sub-template to a mega template. On a side note, I had noticed we had a problem with the new Halo 5 M343A2 turret, as traditionally we put the Warthog turret and the detachable turret in separate templates, which I think is weird. The Vulcan has always been closer to the AIE or HMG turrets than to a Super MAC or a Scorpion cannon (there are even some stationary Vulcan turrets in ODST). Maybe we should rethink a way to present stationary machine guns and vehicle-mounted machine guns in the same template... I don't know.
- For the Covenant template, I think it's more practical the way it is. Imrane-117 (talk) 00:29, 23 March 2016 (EDT)